Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Confirmation Gift - How Much

re... : Confirmation Gift - How Much           reply
10/04/2007 07:41 - Confirmation
-----------------------------------
On reading this I decided to add up how much I will probably spend this year on communions & confirmations (money gifts for nieces, nephews, neighbours & friends kids). Comes to €300 - ouch. Includes two godchildren, 3 other nieces/nephews and five neighbours kids (€20 each). It´s not long about adding up.

Confirmation Gift - How Much           reply
30/03/2007 19:55 - Confirmation
How much money would you normally give as a gift to a niece/nephew as a confirmation gift. Was thinking around €40 but now wondering is this too little - don´t want to seem stingy but have quite a lot of nieces and nephews with communions & confirmations this year and next and it all adds up.

re... : Confirmation Gift - How Much           reply
14/10/2009 22:20 - Confirmation
In my area we give neighbors children €10 as if there is more than one it could become pricey

re : Confirmation Gift - How Much           reply
04/04/2007 11:24 - Confirmation
I think €40 is plenty for nieces and nephews. What I am wondering is how much is enough to give to the neighbour´s child and to a friend´s child. We won´t be at the celebrations (which suits us) but still want to give them something without seeming mean - was thinking €20 - does that sound ok?

re : Confirmation Gift - How Much           reply
01/04/2007 15:22 - Confirmation
I think €40 is plenty - they get so much anyway. They only time I might give more is if it was a godchild.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;