Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Childminding rates cork?

re... : Childminding rates cork?           reply
03/05/2013 21:00 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
I wasn´t expecting it to be much cheaper but I think €200 more a month is a bit much. Do you know what the going rate is for one child, minding between 8.30 to 5.30 for 5 days a week. I´ve been €6 an hour which works out at around €1100 for the month. Is this the norm?

re... : Childminding rates cork?           reply
03/05/2013 22:04 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
for 1 child it would be 5 euro an hr.(225 euro a week.900 a month)

Childminding rates cork?           reply
02/05/2013 23:37 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay (Locality: Cork)
Hi just wondering what is the going rate for a childminder in cork Bishopstown area. They would be minding a one year old for 8.5 to 9 hours a day for 5 days a week. I´ve met a few childminders.....not qualified but they have their own kids, and they are more expensive than crèche? Is this the norm? No idea about this. Thanks

re : Childminding rates cork?           reply
03/05/2013 09:41 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
I am a childminder and yes, Iv been hearing that the rates I charge are just slightly under the creche fees. Parents expect a childminder to be MUCH cheaper (especially if two+ children). Iv looked into the matter and generally creches prices have been cut, as lower prices will mean more children keeping the business open (depends on the location).
However the service I offer as a childminder (all the one-to-one attention, activities, lovely home/facilities, friendly family life, flexibility to the parent, my experience and qualifications etc) I still feel is offering excellent value. I am aware of recession etc and strive to meet a happy medium when discussing a weekly/daily rate.

14/05/2013 14:37 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Im a chilminder and mum of 2. if i was minding just a couple of hrs a day its 5 per hr. But for a full day its 40 euros. 8 or 9 hrs. And 20 for a sibling. Its awkward to be calculating every half hr here and thdre. A flat rate is best i think. Its easier on pay day and i dontmind if i did 3/4 hrs more this wk than last. Personally i think 6 is too much per hr if its full tme. Parents are working nothing otherwise.

06/05/2013 20:54 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
If you are sending your child to a childminders house you will prob pay €5-€6 an hour but if you are bringing a childminder into your house it will be more expensive for one on one care. I myself am an experience nanny (qualified with years of experience) and have met families that are surprised with the cost if childminders & nannies but to be honest I don´t see why we as childminder/nannies should be expected to work below minimum wage. I register all my money & pay my own taxes.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;