Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Childminding rates

re... : Childminding rates           reply
02/08/2011 19:31 - Ask Mother Hen
-----------------------------------
What´s the story with au pairs? Shouldn´t they get the minimum wage? (What is it per hour these days?)
LD

re : Childminding rates           reply
12/07/2010 11:13 - Ask Mother Hen
Normaly if u r looking for hourly rate its 5euro per hr but for a full day its aprox 40 to 50 euro providin they are giving the child food and all.

18/07/2010 16:05 - Ask Mother Hen
I looked into into it a bit more and was told about 600 to 700 per month..My creche at the moment is 760.00

16/07/2010 12:25 - Ask Mother Hen
I dont really agree with that. The creche costs that much and you would not have the same going out expenses as a creche. I live in Dublin and have also asked this question and i was told €500.00 a month...

19/07/2010 10:35 - Ask Mother Hen
I curently mind a 14mth old child.I started minding him in Novemder he is a very happy and good child.I only mind him 3days a wk as I have 2 children of my own a 6yr old and a 3yr old.I get €35 per day the child usually gets dropped off between 8.00am - 8.30am and is collected between 6.20pm 7.00pm.I was just wondering if I was charging too little? ;)

19/07/2010 10:49 - Ask Mother Hen
In my opinion you should be getting 50 euros for those hours thats a very long day you are talking around 10 hours there you should get 5 an hour surely?

07/02/2011 14:26 - Ask Mother Hen
Hi, that´s actually breaking the law, even since the reduction in the minimum wage. If someone comes to your home to mind your children she or he is your employee and must be paid the minimum wage or more. If someone is left in sole care of a child they must be considered by the parent to be an experienced adult, Liz

Childminding rates           reply
03/07/2010 18:08 - Ask Mother Hen
Hi I was wondering if anyone could offer me advice on how much to charge for childminding, just been left go from my job and taking a whole new change in career but havent a clue on rates. I was hoping maybe to take 1-2 children, maybe a baby or a toddler in my own home, i live in cork county. What would be the going rate per hour?If you take on a family of maybe 2 or or more would what would you charge then per hour? Thanks for any advice on this.

17/07/2010 15:32 - Ask Mother Hen
I was shocked to see this rate for childminding and in Dublin too! Here in Cork city the usual rate is 40/50 per day for one baby.At the Dublin rates that would break down into 2euros an hour or 15.50 euros a day! Do remember a child minded in the childminders is getting the sole attention of the minder and treated like one of the family,also the wear and tear on the house,if the car is used for transportation to schools/nursery/outings to parks etc.there is petrol to account for and snacks bought in shops...I could go on.

19/07/2010 18:38 - Ask Mother Hen
my childminder comes to my home and looks after my toddler from 8.45am to 5.15pm, she does light housework also. i pay her €60 per day, which is just over €7 per hour

02/08/2011 12:25 - Ask Mother Hen
WOW that is very little for the amount of work and hours you look after him. I´m in kildare and the going rate can very between 40 a day to 50 a day. I think 50 a day is very fair considering the amount of love, care and attention a childminder will be giving your child. Also if you are providing meals during the day you would need to be getting 50 a day. I cant understand why parents would be happy to pay a Creche anywhere up to 300 a week and then moan about paying a childminder 250 a week. And I understand that childminders get the money cash in hand, but they work very hard for it during the week and provide a loving home from home for your children which is the most importnat thing :)

discussion forum terms & conditions

;