Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Childminding rate -one baby

re... : Childminding rate -one baby           reply
25/08/2013 07:17 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
I always get parents to bring food, nappies and wipes, havent meet one yet that doesnt want to do that. Some parents purchase organic snacks, etc that cost a fair bit.
I charge €5 an hour strictly if part-time hours but €225 is alot of money. Have the parent(s) agreed with this figure?

Childminding rate -one baby           reply
24/08/2013 21:36 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay (Locality: Cork)
Hi,
I´m just checking what the going rate for childminding in own home for a baby (6months) in childminders home is. It´d be 9 hours per day 5 days a week. Would it be 5 euros an hour? So 225 a week? Would that usually include milk, food wipes and nappies? Or is this an extra charge?

I´m fully insured, qualified and registered with childminding Ireland incase that makes a difference in price...

Thanks in advance.

re : Childminding rate -one baby           reply
24/08/2013 21:54 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
the hourly rate is 5 euro.so ur bang on there.225 for the week.but i would ad on extra for.milk, food wipes and nappies(ul be paying out.around 25 a week for those).or just leave it to the parents..

25/08/2013 19:31 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Thanks for the replies.
Parents haven´t agreed but just wanted a pay scale in place for when I hopefully meet them. It does seem a lot but realistically crèches in Cork are charging that and their ratios are generally a lot higher.

26/08/2013 10:44 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Personally after a face to face where the parent pay expectations was roughly 60% of what I was looking for I now discuss the pay over the phone or in email. My experience also is that parents expect childminders to be much much cheaper than a creche.
However if you don´t ask you have any chance of meeting the €5 per hour for one child. Would love to know how you get on as these discussions are all helpful for everyone!!!

discussion forum terms & conditions

;