Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Childminding prices and holiday pay

re... : Childminding prices and holiday pay           reply
11/08/2014 21:39 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
Hi, I am in Dublin and was minding a child after playschool, the going rate is 5 euro per hour or for a daily rate is usually 25 euro, you are better off agreeing a daily rate if you are going to work 8+ hours daily and 5euro an hour if it is only going to be a couple of hours a day , in regards to my holidays i don´t get paid ( why pay someone when they are not minding your children) as for the kids being on hols from school, i agreed to the same rate, and if you are on hols same again (why pay someone when they are not minding your children), hope this helps :)

re : Childminding prices and holiday pay           reply
10/08/2014 12:37 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
I offer 25 a day and wrn they have holis i say half pay

13/08/2014 10:23 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Minder mum.i work out of my own home but have two rooms. One with babies/toddlers and one with school going therefore I have to employ someone and a part time girl for cover lunches etc when schools are off.i too have to stick to ratios and am not a large outfit. I like to keep my numbers small to offer home from home care.. Myself and the woman I employ are both qualified and are both mammies and we like to care for the children on a much less structured day and to ensure the holistic needs of each child are met. E.g babies sleep when they are tired. We like to keep a relaxed home from home atmosphere while following the guidelines of aistear and encouraging play as much as possible. It´s is why I have to charge 48 weeks of the year.

re : Childminding prices and holiday pay           reply
09/08/2014 23:29 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
most childminders i know dont charge when they take their own holidays.but do charge if parents take a holiday.

12/08/2014 09:17 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Im in west of ireland, rural location, iv my prices set at 5euro one child, 7euro for two...I stick with them, I do round off the figure offering bit discount...this is my first sept offering afterschool as never had my full class II insurance.
over last few weeks iv turned down 3 families work..pay just too low to even consider it.
I dont charge for holidays, parents would run a mile...all families iv at moment are on a only pay when they booked in...
however previous families on full days booked in same every week pay when child/ren not with me for whatever reason.
do a tight contract....no room for misunderstandings then.

Childminding prices and holiday pay           reply
09/08/2014 21:40 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Hi just wondering what other childminders are charging in the west for childminding, in their own home and for what length of day. Do you charge daily rate or hourly rate.
Also are you paid for the 52 weeks of the yr or do you not charge when you take hols. If minding afterschool how much and how do you work payment for hol time. Any tips would be great thanks

12/08/2014 13:41 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
I too am registered, insured home n motor, first aid, etc. I also factor in getting my costs covered. Iv no staff, angel ru a private childminder in your own home? My location means I havent got an endless stream of parents looking for childcare plus iv to compete with childminders who havent got my qualifications, my overheads, offer my level of service etc but parents dont seem to mind..the majority if they r happy with everything look at the bottom line in settings.
I try my best to offer an affordable service and because im sticking to ratios I cant pack kids in like I see other minders.

12/08/2014 10:33 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
I am registered, insured and qualified. I set my rate to include holiday pay when parents take holidays and days off or sick days. I don´t charge for my hols or sick days. These are my terms and conditions. I could not run a business if parents were in and out the door only paying when it suits. If I am on call or am open and available to care for your child for your child I charge. My places are always full as my price reflects the excellent service I provide. Most businesses charge for their services to include paying holiday pay to their employees. "Why would a company pay you to go on hols? " because if you are an employer you have to by law..I cannot tell my staff "sorry u can´t have holiday pay because Mary down the road decided to have a duvet day and doesn´t feel like sending Mary jnr into our care today. But while we are set up and have activities and snacks ready for Mary jnr Mary feels she doesn´t need to pay us.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;