Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Childminders - be aware of this scam

re : Childminders - be aware of this scam           reply
19/11/2014 13:30 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
Gumtree seems to be the biggest target at the moment! I got contacted twice using these scams. First the mans wife had "died" and his kids were moving over with his cousin.
Second one was someone relocating from Italy.........I smelt a rat on both occasions as I hadn´t put where in the country I was, so I asked (to see what they´d say) where are you moving to in Ireland.......their response was "congratulations we want to offer you the job" emmmmmm that didn´t answer my question, look out for the "I want to send you a cheque with extra so you can buy the children toys" ummmm I don´t need to be that intelligent to know whats coming....

re... : Childminders - be aware of this scam           reply
12/11/2014 12:27 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Hi all i am getting something like that from Gumtree send lots of mails back and for word saying that him and wife and child relocating here to Meath and his company manger is sending payment over by cheque and do I have bank to put it into also he sent photos of his child I have not sent any bank things and won´t be but all he has is my address and name its nothing to do with them if I have bank or not am I right not to do anymore I have a address belong to him and wife name I just sent him for a number so I can contact him

20/02/2015 10:17 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Morning Folks
There was a multiple post this morning (now deleted) across all our childminding forums by user ´Andy84´ titled ´Childminder Needed Urgently. We believe the posts to be a scam similar to the other we mentioned in this thread.
We have taken over the account of Andy84 and messaged anyone who responded to the ad by PM to beware.
Often these posters/scams are fairly obvious as they post across all the different counties in our forum so it´s not credible that they are looking for a babysitter in every county! However if you come across any other posts which you think are suspicious that we may have missed, please get in touch with us by PM or by email to info@schooldays.ie
Thanks and beware!
from the Schooldays.ie Team

14/09/2014 21:48 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
This exact thing happened to me via Gumtree, I just ignored it.

Childminders - be aware of this scam           reply
11/09/2014 09:46 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
We have posted a response in our childminder forums re a recent ad by user ´ericpat´ ´looking for a reliable childminder´. We believe the post was a scam and it is the second such scam we have come across recently.

Although the scams differ slightly they are basically tricking you into giving your personal details . You are subsequently offered the job and sent a cheque as an advance payment. Often the cheque is for more than was agreed. For example the amount agreed might have been €300 and they send you €3000. When you contact them about the error, they say it was a typing error and ask you to lodge the cheque and refund the difference to their bank account. So it´s actually a money laundering scam!

So beware of advance payments and over-payments. If it sounds too good to be true it usually is!

04/11/2014 20:59 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Thanks for the warning.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;