Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Child care costs!!!!! please reply

re : Child care costs!!!!! please reply           reply
10/08/2013 09:39 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
One of the biggest expenditures that a father or mother has to face is for child care. Child care costs are rampantly growing and in some areas, eclipse costs like rent or a house payment.

re... : Child care costs!!!!! please reply           reply
10/08/2013 21:47 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
sorry just seen its 2 kids.so that would be 10 euro in ur own home.and 8 euro in minders home.if you put up some rates.you have been quoted.it would be easier for us to say. what quotes are right.and which ones arnt.

17/01/2013 16:10 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
i am a childminder for the past 20 years.
childminders in their own home are self employed.
childminders who earn over 15,000 per year must reg.with revenue under the self assessment taxation system.
the parents work and pay tax and i feel the minder should too.
so i charge 5 euro per hour for a child.
kind regards

03/09/2012 16:26 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Hi there, You wouldn´t happen to know anyone who is looking to work in the Sandyford area, working four full days a week minding two children, one of whom is in playschool? Thanks

10/08/2013 17:22 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
My understanding is that you want the children minded in your home, if this is correct then you become an employer and you are liable for min wage, holidays.prsi,usc etc. If you mean the minders home then you are prob looking at 5 euro per hour for the fulltime child and then perhaps 3 or 3.50 euro for the 2nd.

30/08/2012 09:04 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
I am not sure how to reply to your post because you don´t say what the crazy rates are so its difficult to advise about them. As I said in another post, in my area in south Dublin, the average rate is 5 euro an hour or 40 euro a day, with a half rate for a second child. As to being registered, and putting the money through the books, i dont think this is necessarily a guarantee of good, loving care. I am a childminder, as are most of my friends, some of them are reistered, some are not, and I don´t see any difference in the quality of care offered. Of course its an advantage if they have training, are first aid certified and have garda clearance, (all of which i have) but I personally think that a kind loving nature and lots of experience with children are the main requirements for a good childminder. Childminders are not legally required to notify their local authority unless they mind 3 or more children, therefore anyone minding only your 2 children would not be obliged to notify anyway. Registering to pay tax is a different matter though, anyone earning money is legally obliged to notify the tax office, but it is worth mentioning that childminders can earn up to 15,000 euro a year tax free, as long as they are registered. As the rates of pay are so low, I don´t think you can expect to get an unregistered childminder for very much cheaper than a registered one, especially if they are experienced, they are not likely to work for less than a fiver an hour. Its up to you to decide what you are looking for in a childminder, and if you want one who is notified and registered, you will find there are plenty out there. good luck with your search.

Child care costs!!!!! please reply           reply
29/08/2012 11:43 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay (Locality: Kildare)
Hi all, I would like some answers on what should be paid to a childminder for minding a 2yr old and a 5 month old from their own home. I have had some crazy prices sent to me. Where in the world some people are getting the prices i don´t know. I totally understand if someone is fully qualified and has all the extras with garda clearance first aid etc. Have seen alot of people on this saying what price per hour they want. My question is, is this through the books?? I can put my life on it most of them are not. Don´t get me wrong, want the best loving and caring person for my kids and to know their in safe hands while i´m working. My 2yr old is in creche 6hrs a wk too. Please leave me some comments and opinions....thanks.

10/08/2013 21:42 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
.in minders home it is 10 euro an hr for 3 kids.in ur own home.it would be 12 euro an hr.petrol costs would also have to be covered.if minder has drive

29/08/2012 13:44 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Obviously I am not aware of how others manage their finances but personally speaking I can assure you I declare all my earnings and pay tax and PRSI. I have spent many years gaining my high qualifications and vast experience. Although you are not in my locality if it helps I charge 180 euros per child full time for a full week and there is a discount for a sibling and obviously if the sibling is not full time then part time rates apply. The hours would need to be clarified before a final figure established. If you are interested in what qualifications and experience warrants this fee then my post is under Dublin West.

14/01/2013 16:52 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
I am a childminder in portarlington. If childminding in my own hone i charge 5 e o per hour for first child and 3euro per hour for any other children, so for your 2 children itould be 8euro per day. I know others who charge a lot more and also know ones that charge less

14/01/2013 10:24 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
I was minding 3 children in there own home 8-5:30/6:00 through an agency until I went on maternity leave in oct. my weekly wage after tax and PRSI was €575 pw.

14/01/2013 12:24 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
min wage thinks its 8,63....

30/08/2012 14:39 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Thanks for your reply, everyones opinion helps....:):)

28/09/2017 06:18 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
great post
[URL=https://google.com]good[/URL]

discussion forum terms & conditions

;