Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Bank holiday pay

re : Bank holiday pay           reply
16/04/2014 00:13 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
if the parents are taking the day of they cant really come knocking on the door at the last minute. looking for the child/children to be looked after.they chose to take the bank holiday of. you could have something planned. things like that should be discused beforehand.

re... : Bank holiday pay           reply
30/04/2014 19:16 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
I have always gotten paid for bank holidays even when I might be working tues to fri would always be given the tuesday off and paid in full must be lucky with my families

16/04/2014 17:18 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
I have never asked to be paid for a Bank Hol, as personally wouldnt like to work on them days.
Best to iron out what the situation re Bank Hols are before contract commences...However I do feel if you are getting paid for Bank Hols and your asked to take the child/ren you deserve double pay.

Bank holiday pay           reply
15/04/2014 17:47 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
On what basis are childminders entitled to bank holiday pay? I´m a childminder and some people suggest that when being self-employed I should make myself available on a bank holiday if I´m getting paid for it. Is this the case?

16/04/2014 20:41 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Thanks for the replies. From the first moment a parent comes to see me I set my weekly rate and let them know I get paid for the full week even if there is a bank holiday. I don´t make myself available on a bank holiday. It´s a national holiday!. If I take an additional day off I of course discount that day from the week. Some parents have issues about paying for bank holidays, the last parent that came to see me didn´t feel I was entitled to bank holiday pay as I was a self-employed person and if I did I would have to make myself available on bank holidays! She said only employees are entitled to bank holiday pay... I don´t know whether she is right or not. I didn´t take the job anyway! :)

discussion forum terms & conditions

;