Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Am i asking for too much

re... : Am i asking for too much           reply
23/01/2014 18:13 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
the fact that you are asking for so little is letting parents get away with paying next to nothing for a childminder when it should be well paid as it is one of the most responsible jobs there is. parents usually want you to do school runs so cars dont run on nothing!! hello petrol money!!/??.Also kids are costly whether their yours or not.treats, drinks, activity equipment? 60 is just about enough in my view( maby 280 a week) ,its what ive always been paid in the past in dublin. could prob get more in the more affluent parts though

re : Am i asking for too much           reply
13/07/2016 19:25 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Hi, I´m sort of looking for the same information. I currently work for a family (two boys aged 1 and 3) in their home. I´m paid from 8.15 to 5.45 and works out at 6.50 an hour. Is this enough? I like the family but I do housework etc too and if the parents get home before 5.45 I am expected to stay on until my official finish time. Anybody else have this experience?

24/01/2014 11:42 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
im in clonsilla too i charge 50euro for 10 hours
have done for last 5yrs .i was thinking of a review this year.
its what to ask for think 60euro it too big a jump.parents find child care a big
outgoing .
any other clonsilla childminders on schooldays with advice.
thanks

23/01/2014 20:22 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Hi Again,Thanks so much for all your opinions.Im living in Clonsilla Dublin15.
I am going to say 60 euros p/d after all it is 9.5 hours which works out at 6.30 euros p/h!
My god i think it is more than fair,i have two boys and i wouldnt expect anyone to mind my most precious pocession for less than that!.......I will let you know how it goes
Thanks again

24/01/2014 21:30 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
yes minding 5yrs. tks for input.

23/01/2014 13:13 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
no you are not asking too much. you are giving this family your ENTIRE day . an entire day of your life!!.i think 100 per day is the going rate . at the very least 60 and thats a deal

23/01/2014 14:14 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
is that 100 euro a day.for 1 child.if its a full week.that would be 500 euro.i wouldent expect a parent to pay that.in my house.i would charge 5 euro an hr.10 hours 50 euro..250 euro.weekly i would also.throw in a discount.and leave it at 220 euro.

14/07/2016 18:52 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Do family not realise they need employ you as a nanny or are you happy with cash. Taking cash puts you at whim of family letting you go with no entitlements to benefits etc, no or not proper holidays, bank hols etc, no maternity benefit etc. Plus if you´d accident on their property or worse the accident was their fault youv no cover re insurance.
Legally your entitled to at least minimum wage, contract etc. Revenue are actively involved in this situation as your family is avoiding paying prsi, they find out through being reported to or if you went to claim after employment ends. Having no contract is why your cleaning and worse feeling abused over wages but finish time is finish time like in any job.

23/01/2014 12:36 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
if you are minding in your house.it would be 5 euro an hour.but if its in parents home. it would be around 10 euro.i think 50 euro a day. in your house would be the going rate.and 60 in parents.

23/01/2014 17:50 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
60 euro is too much in my view but you can try and ask it anyway. Not clear from your post what area you are in, sometimes rates can different a lot within the same county!

14/07/2016 08:39 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Hi Sarah,
In their home they HAVE to pay at least minimum wage X
They also have to register as your employer, do your taxes, give holidays etc

05/02/2014 17:30 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Personally I think 60 per day is very high for a toddler. 60 a day is the net cash figure so the parent needs to earn around 100 pre tax to pay 60. I know you said you think its fair as your boys are your precious possessions so I suppose ask yourself would you be able/willing to pay someone else €120 per day to mind your two boys if you had to work outside the home. Would only seem fair to charge what you would be willing to pay.

24/01/2014 12:30 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
hi ifonly,
I´m not in Clonsilla but 10 euro a day rise is 50 at the end of the week , maybe 30 a week might not seem as bad .Especially if you have been minding the same child for 5 yrs .They might have expected for you to ask for a rise at sometime . :) hth
lottie123

Am i asking for too much           reply
23/01/2014 11:49 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay (Locality: Dublin West)
Hi im meeting a family with the hope of minding their 3 year old boy f/t 8am-5.30 5 days p/w.
I think 60euros p/d is very fair! would love to know what you think.Im currently minding a 10 year old p/t and get 11euros p/h in her own home.
......Oh yeah,i will be minding child in my own home
Thanks in advance

discussion forum terms & conditions

;