Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Am I paid enough?

re... : Am I paid enough?           reply
30/08/2013 09:38 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
No but I figured that people dont get petrol allowance for any other jobs so I guess childminding wouldnt be any different!

27/08/2013 10:21 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
I suppose around 15e per week.. they said they couls only pay me what they pay the creche and they pay 165 a week for the creche for 5 and a half hours in the morning

29/08/2013 17:45 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
actually. yes posts should be left.sometimes they can be usefull.to others.in the same situation.

27/08/2013 12:55 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
15 euro.for fuel costs. for those miles.is very low.even for a 1 litre.what size car do u drive.its an absolute disgrace.what.they are paying you.and not paying petrol usage..are u in dublin or outside areas.

29/08/2013 16:49 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
I think posts should be left as every discussion helps everyone else looking for info.
Do you want to give the outcome?

30/08/2013 23:43 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
sarah.i get a petrol allowance.most minders i know do get it.your using some of ur pay.to cover petrol costs.its up to urself.but its worth a go.most outside jobs.dont cover ur petrol.as u wouldent be doing drop ofs and pick ups.but anyone who does deliveries.with their own car/van.do get a petrol allowance.the parents put the kids in a creche.thats near 80 miles round trip a week.no one should expect u.to cover the petrol costs.the ball.is in your court.they know that if they got another minder.they would be paying at least 70 a day.plus petrol coverage

29/08/2013 11:20 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Thanks for the advice everyone. I have sorted it out now and I´m wondering if anyone knows how to remove a post?

27/08/2013 18:55 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Thanks so much for all the replies!
I drive a 1.25 litre car, I´ve never really measured how much I spend in petrol cause I usually drive other places during the week too .
I´m working in south tipperary, the job is just very handy for me because they´re in a creche so I´m not under too much if for some reason I cant go ( I´ve only missed days so far for an interview and a concert) . If I cant make it they can just put them in the creche.
I thought i should be paid for the hols but my parents said I should be happy with getting paid for even one of the weeks.
I dont really know how to approach any problems about pay either at this stage because it was agreed before I began and I don´t want to make things awkward with the parents...

re : Am I paid enough?           reply
26/08/2013 22:40 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Sorry forgot to say I mind them Mon-Fri 1pm-7pm!

27/08/2013 22:53 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
I suppose, I just don´t think they´re going to double my pay and add on petrol money. The parents did come up with the price, they said they pay the creche 165 a week for 5.5 hours a day and that it wouldn´t be feasible for them t pay me much more than that :-(

27/08/2013 11:58 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
your driving around 80 miles a week.and basically getting no petrol money take. out petrol money.and what are u left with.
you should be on about 70 a day.

re : Am I paid enough?           reply
27/08/2013 13:58 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
you should charge 25 a day each for the children and get 50 a week for fuel allowance I minded 3 children and lived only a mile from them and walked most days to schools and I got 50 a week for fuel
It dose not matter how long you are with the family if they take holidays you should get paid

27/08/2013 23:18 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
even ask for the 30 petrol money. a 1.2 litr car takes around 30 euro for those miles that u do.where are u located.cos i dont think.any creche.in ireland would take 2 kids for 2.50 each.if u leave.their going to get a minders calling for interviews who will charge.the rate that u should be getting.

27/08/2013 15:44 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
you are way under paid, the goin rate is 10 per hour in the childs home, so you should be getting 60 a day, they are taking the mick ,

27/08/2013 12:15 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
i agree call them.a creche.wouldent mind 2 kids for 5 euro.i hate saying this.but their having a good laugh.all the way to the bank.85 euro each/175 a week.you are minding 2 kids.for 5 euro an hr.and they dont seem.to be paying your petrol.
if you leave.they are in. for a huge shock.when the next minder comes along. charging the full rate.and petrol on top of that.thats a disgrace.the way they dont seem to be paying that.what litre is ur car.and where are u located.im schocked at this .

27/08/2013 22:38 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
they will end up.having to pay another minder 10 euro an hr.plus 30 a week. for petrol.was it the parents.who came up with 175 a week.with petrol included in that.you shouldent.take it and be happy with it.you are the one.doing them a favour.not the other way around.

27/08/2013 12:02 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
forgot to say.u should be getting paid.for the holidays.they are taking.they are taking time of.

29/08/2013 12:55 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
just contact school days by post or email.asking to remove post

30/08/2013 09:36 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
fair play to ya.did u sort out anything. about petrol costs.

27/08/2013 06:57 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
I get €150 for one child, 9-4pm. Five days, no holiday pay/bank hols etc. Child dropped to house and collected. no schools runs etc. €175 appears very low at a quick glance. How much are your fuel costs a week?

Am I paid enough?           reply
26/08/2013 22:23 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Hi,
I´m currently looking after two children, 4 and just shy of 2 in the kids own home. I collect the kids from creche at 1pm (approx. 9 mile drive from my home) and bring them back to their home which is approx 7 miles from the creche. I´m currently being paid 175 per week, I am paid for bank holidays and we agreed that if I took time off I wouldn´t be paid but if they took time off I would be.
The family are going on holidays for 2 weeks and said they don´t know if I have been there long enough to be paid for these 2 weeks (I have been there 8 weeks).
My parents thinks this all sounds okay but a lot of people think I am selling myself short. I´m 23, have had lots of experience (babysitting for around 10 years for various families locally).
Thanks.

29/08/2013 18:25 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
I understand that, I´m just not really comfortable leaving it here. Thanks for the help, they have agreed to pay me for the two week hols and I´m happy with that!

27/08/2013 12:05 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Id give a quick ring to the creche and ask for those hours, what price and terms and conditions. I once had a parent tell me an incorrect price in "explaining" to me I was too expensive....especially if school term time only...saving them a packet.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;