Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Afterschool care or lack of.........

Afterschool care or lack of.........           reply
10/04/2008 16:04 - Afterschool Care
-----------------------------------
I am utterly frustrated at the lack of Afterschool care in Dublin especially the D8 area. I really want to return to work full time but cannot at present as I cannot find reasonable childcare facilities in the area. I lived in England for many years where my child (and I) enjoyed the benefit of excellent breakfast club and afterschool club facilites that were run by the school at a reasonable price. Does anybody have any ideas or information?

re : Afterschool care or lack of.........           reply
08/05/2008 11:16 - Afterschool Care
Hi,
I just wanted to drop you a line as I would love to see if you would be interested in getting involved in the second series of Baby on Board for RTE. You will see information on the homepage at www.schooldays.ie on our series.

We are presently filming with 8 families already but have a few programmes to be confirmed and would love one of them to be on childcare. In an ideal world we would love to help a mum find the right childcare facility for her little one.......like you!

I´d love to hear from you if you would consider taking part. Just drop me an email to elizabeth@sideline.ie

Kind Regards
Elizabeth O´Gorman
Asst Producer
Sideline Productions
8 Appian Way
Ranelagh, D 6
www.sideline.ie

re : Afterschool care or lack of.........           reply
23/09/2008 14:30 - Afterschool Care
Hi,
Im not too sure where in D8 you are living but I know many of the schools in the area provide after school and breakfast clubs, you could try one of those - Synge Street Boys Primary School is a senior school 2nd to 6th class if it suits (Phone 01-4784316), hope this helps!

discussion forum terms & conditions

;