Advice from parents: setting up service

re : Advice from parents: setting up service           reply
25/01/2014 23:44 - Pre-school / Montessori
-----------------------------------
ecce are most likely sorted for sep 2014/15
parents do use childminders but pay is low and its hard to get parents to
take a contract. hse say u can only hav 6 children in your home
so its not big money for two people
check out childminding ireland for info.
a montessori school / playschool might be better idea.
best wishes

Advice from parents: setting up service           reply
16/01/2014 22:47 - Pre-school / Montessori (Locality: Dublin South)
-----------------------------------
Hi Parents,

I am hoping to set up a children’s centre this year in Dublin 2,4,6 or 8.

I have a degree in Childhood studies and have experience as a night nanny for newborns, a pre-school teacher, a special needs teacher, a child-care fetac level 5 tutor etc, and most importantly of all I am a mammy.

What I would dearly love to set up is a little “home” where I can care for children daily. I would love to have children with me fulltime, who unlike in a crèche, can sleep when they need to, have a snack when they are hungry and don’t have to wait until “snack time” and “sleeptime” etc.

I would provide a structured day where they get all the learning and development benefits of a playschool and all the relaxation and love that they would get from a childminders house. (Our house is too small, that’s why I cannot set up as a childminder). I would also be interested in taking part in the ECCE scheme.

My friend would like to work with me as a partner, she is a teacher and a mammy, and like me would leave her fulltime job to set this up. �

As we really don’t want to get into the big crèche scenario, we would like to keep it small with only two rooms, and somewhere for little people to sleep. I realise that I would have to work around the preschool regulations etc.

My friend would like to work with me as a partner, she is a teacher and a mammy, and like me would leave her fulltime job to set this up.

3 questions for you:

1.Would parents be interested in this kind of a service?

2.Have parents whose children are ready to go into ECCE in September 2014 already secured a place or is it still worth looking into being set up for this September?

3.Do you know of anywhere else where this type of service exists?

Many thanks for your time.

Mairead

discussion forum terms & conditions

;