Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

7 am start how would childminders in Dublin charge for this

re : 7 am start how would childminders in Dublin charge for this           reply
04/04/2013 13:49 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
i charge for a 10 hour day a set rate,if starting at 7 is extra hour ,i would charge
5euro for this.
good luck

re : 7 am start how would childminders in Dublin charge for this           reply
31/03/2013 16:48 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Hi Greer,
I mind at this time and have done in a few positions, I just charge a day rate aswell and depending on the hours it can be hard to come up with a charge for it if it is outside what you usually do.
From experience a 7am start means a much earlier rise! ;) so if you are used to getting up at 7am and greeting the first mindees at then you may have to start a new schedule and get up at 6am for example!
You could just add an extra charge per hour before 8am and after this charge the usual rate ?
Lots of parents are working in the city since the recession so they are leaving alot earlier and some creches dont open till 7.20am/7.30 so it seems there is a gap for the extra early starts alright!
Best of luck with the position.

7 am start how would childminders in Dublin charge for this           reply
28/03/2013 15:17 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Hi I am a childminder and usually start my childminding at 8 am, I have been asked to care for a child at 7 am, do other minders charge extra for these hours? I mind at the moment 8 am till 5. 30 a daily charge, as it´s so early what do you think. Thanks

discussion forum terms & conditions

;