Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

4.5yrs or 5.5 yrs to send to primary school

re... : 4.5yrs or 5.5 yrs to send to primary school           reply
05/02/2015 10:38 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
-----------------------------------
Had same issue with my now low infant girl...jan 6th birthday so sent her...tiny bit of me wishes id waited although she flying it in every way, I just feel shes benefit from being yr older...shes in upper middle age range in low infants so alot younger still than her...id wait again if I could turn back time....

re : 4.5yrs or 5.5 yrs to send to primary school           reply
04/02/2015 19:50 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
I´d lean towards sending them when they are older (5.5yrs) rather than younger if you had the option. No doubt she would be fine at 4.5 yrs but I think that in the secondary years it can help their confidence if they are one of the older in their class rather than younger. It also means that she will be that little bit older leaving secondary school which I also think it a good thing.

4.5yrs or 5.5 yrs to send to primary school           reply
04/02/2015 17:23 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures (Locality: Meath)
Looking for any advice from any parents out there who either sent their kids off to school at 4.5 or 5.5yrs? My daughter will be 4 in March and I really can´t decide whether to hold her back for another year. She appears to tick all the boxes - academically, socially and emotionally however most people I have spoke to about this topic all say hold till 5. Even though she appears ready I really do think another year would be of great advantage to her through out her school years.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;