Course Ref: SD0121
through Mindful Communications
This course focuses on your wellbeing as a teacher, on how you can stay grounded in yourself when dealing with stressful situations in your everyday life, and how you can improve your self-esteem, and the self-esteem of your pupils and colleagues.
Would you like to bring mindfulness into all aspects of your school day?
Would you like practical techniques on how to foster positive professional relationships?
This course is of relevance to all members of the school community, parents, SNAs and Boards of Management, as well as teachers. Although some of this course is targeted at the primary school environment, there are many useful tips and resources of equal relevance to all school levels
The aim of the course is to enhance wellbeing of teachers through mindful communications and positive relationships within the school community This will inform your practice in teaching the pupils in your care. It explores:
- History and practice of Mindfulness, self-help and emotional intelligence techniques
- the school community structures and supports available to the teacher
- professional communication skills and techniques
- practical examples and templates to facilitate positive relationships
- Communications to support children with special needs
- Advice on incorporating positive well-being and school community communications as part of the SSE process
- Enhancing learning outcomes of pupils through the development of wider school community links, building on the foundations of the SPHE Teacher Guidelines (p2), which calls for involvement and support of the wider school community
- IT resources and skills to facilitate school community communications
On completion of the course you will have gained:
- In-depth communication techniques to support professional conversations, and in this way facilitate positive relationships in the school community.
- Understanding of the supports for schools in creating positive learning outcomes for the pupils in your care.
- The opportunity to interact with other teachers on the course topics and create practical samples for school use while also reflecting on your learning.
- Teachers will develop practical techniques to support improvements towards an ethos of wellbeing
1.1 Introduction to the course
1.2 Understand the school Community
1.3 Understand key teacher relationships and supports
1.4 History of wellbeing in the primary school
2.1 Develop Communication Techniques (Coaching, mentoring, questioning)
2.2 Understand Communication Methods (Face-to-face, GDPR, Digital, record keeping)
3.1 Explore teacher self-development and wellbeing techniques
3.2 Promoting wellbing in school
3.3 Explore teacher self-development and wellbeing techniques
4.1 Start out on the right note – first communication techniques
4.2 Build the school/home/ community relationship
4.3 Structure the Parent Teacher Meeting
5.1 Best practice for starting with your pupil with Special Needs
5.2 Explore communications relating to SEN
This course is approved by the Department of Education & Skills as part of the 2021 Courses programme for PrimaryTeachers. Access to the course will be available from 1st July to 20th August 2021.
On completion of the course qualifying teachers will receive a CPD Certificate and will qualify for 3 EPV Days.
The course will also be open from 1st July to SNAs, Secondary School Teachers, Childcare Workers, Childminders and Parents who feel that they may benefit from the course
Our Support team are on hand to answer all your queries, either by phone or e-mail.
Online Forum: Check your Course Homepage
Phone: 01 4406608
Click here for a list of Frequently Asked Questions.