Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

what to charge for after school and mind school holidays in limerick

re... : what to charge for after school and mind school holidays in limerick           reply
14/05/2014 10:44 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
My take is if u available to work n they not need you for whatever reason you are entitled to your pay. This must be clearly stated to family before hand. However I had a parent chance her arm once and not pay for two days, pointed it out straight away n she went out to the dash of the car n took the ready money off it....I was looking out my window,.....never under paid after that,,,.,,

re... : what to charge for after school and mind school holidays in limerick           reply
17/04/2014 09:55 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Hi thanks for your reply the child is 8yrs.What should i charge for long day school hol ect

18/04/2014 11:59 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
I dont charge for bank hols but only because I dont want to have to work....if contract says you get paid bank hol, id stress that you wud require double pay if u take kids......
in my experience though its hard enough find good pay, never mind mention bank hols....

19/05/2014 10:35 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Hi again one of the babies i mind are going on hol for two weeks last week june and first july i told mom before she booked hol i will taken my hol last week july and first week aug should i ask to get paid for two weeks she is away thanks

13/05/2014 20:34 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
hi thanks for your reply have another question i am also minding a 2 year old and 10mts two different familys i told parents i take my summer hol last week july and first week in aug i get paid two weeks hol in the year one at xmas and one in summer both parents had no problem i also told them if they take hol out side of my time
i get paid one mom has come back to me to say she is taken two weeks hol in june so just wondering should i ask to be paid for when she takes hols in june and also my weeks hol pay in july when i take my hols thanks it would be great to hear from you

20/04/2014 11:39 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
are you going to charge 20 euro a day. (9 hours)thats just over 2 euro an hour.i think 35/40 a day for the holidays is decent.if you want to go ahead with 100 euro for the year thats up to you.but after a while you will be kicking yourself during the holidays.20 a day for school term is fine.i wouldent do it for 20 a day during the holidays i would charge 35 euro.

re : what to charge for after school and mind school holidays in limerick           reply
16/04/2014 17:14 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Personally I would do a separate rate for each scenario,
afterschool is normally €5 an hour and youv a collection so perhaps a bit extra.
School holidays is a long day and so €20 a day certainly wouldnt be enough for me. If in your house €5 an hour, perhaps room for discount as long hours. What age is the child?

14/05/2014 11:09 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
oh thats terrible people can really take advantage glad you sorted it tks again for your reply as i all ready mentioned what should i do when i take my own two weeks hol should i still ask to be paid for my weeks hol in july and aug this has never happened to me before

19/04/2014 22:19 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
I think €5 an hour after school and maybe say €10 for petrol During holidays €30 seems reasonable Don´t think you should go with the €100 a week I have been childminding the same length of time as you

18/04/2014 13:43 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
hi thanks again for reply do you think my prices are ok as i all ready mentioned

18/04/2014 13:41 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
hi thanks again for reply do you think my prices are ok as i all ready mentioned

17/04/2014 21:40 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
hi thanks for your reply you dont want to over charge and sill you want to make it worth your while 5 euro an hr sounds good and maybe 30 euro a full day eg school hol would you charge for bank hol?thanks

what to charge for after school and mind school holidays in limerick           reply
16/04/2014 11:44 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay (Locality: Limerick)
Hi can anyone tell me what to charge for after schoo lat 2.40pm till 5-5.30pm which involves collection homework can offer snacks and dinner also what to charge durning school holidays hrs 8am till 5,5.30pm if child needs to be minded was thinking of charging 100 euro all year round what would you think

17/04/2014 14:43 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
I seen on another website a service of afterschool being offered for €20 an evening and €85 for full week, this had a snack and a hot dinner.
I childmind 8yr old saturday only, 8.30 to 5.30 for €50...but I can bring him food shopping with my kids and I and we do an activity that passes the middle/evening of the day...like kids cinema, outdoor gym....beach safari as part of a festival planned for this saturday...mum pays all expenses and give him pocketmoney, he brings all food...I had initially asked for €60 but all she had was €50 she said so went for it...glad I did now....
You dont want to undersell yourself but it has to be affordable for the family also...

12/08/2014 08:41 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Hi again have been asked to mind 3 siblings baby 22 months 9.30am to 1.30pm 5 days a week also 5 and 6 year old only school hol would really appreciate your advice thanks fiona

discussion forum terms & conditions

;