Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

should we register

should we register           reply
25/03/2015 12:21 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
hi guys
im just wondering what people´s thoughts are on us childminders having to declare ourselves self employed in order to pay tax.i feel it is very complicated and puts people(who are excellent at their jobs)off doing this and affects their rights if they don´t??

re... : should we register           reply
16/04/2015 06:47 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Hi, if you registered you keep a record of kids attending your service n a simple log of daily attendance n monies..this is your proof should it be needed...I feel parents using an registered n insured cm know what´s what as they paying for a legitimate service so expect standards...

re : should we register           reply
25/03/2015 13:34 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Yes we should register, great to be above board, able advertise, be insured, be seen as having your own business not just mammy making some pocketmoney etc...
The only issue is those that aren´t declaring income, don´t give a level playing pitch to those of us who do have overheads...some of their prices are shocking but if theyv pile kids all add up to nice pay packet..
I feel it should b like UK anyone cm for reward should hav to register, however any sight of more paperwork I´m afraid would be a step backwards...

re : should we register           reply
15/04/2015 11:56 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Can I ask do you have to prove how many kids you have or how does the gov know you warm less than €15k so you need to pay tax? Do you have to pay prsi?

25/03/2015 16:45 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
There are overheads that iv to cover before I earn a penny and I follow ratios to the t ensuring standards...childminding is one of the only industry I know where a full cash in hand person can openly earn money beside a cmer who pays taxes...
Anyone else providing a service in any area has to be legit, have correct insurances etc...our government has failed to tackle the cmer market because only 1/5th Ireland kids use a creche, there would be uproar
Personally iv found system very user friendly and very beneficial, revenue.ie are also very helpful..it takes time to figure things out for your business but after first yr you´ll fly it...

25/03/2015 16:26 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
I completely agree with you that it should be regulated but made easier for cm to follow.its no bed of roses being unregistered either and everyone has overheads believe me,it may appear that with lots of kids it´s 100%profit but its far from it,most people are just trying to do their best to make a living .i think we should go easy on one another and hope for change to make it fairer for all of us

25/03/2015 13:38 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Equally your right re your rights being affected depending on declaring income or not...cm are open to abuse if not registered ..childminding Ireland have a lovely slogan.. Be a registered childminder, use a registered childminder..

discussion forum terms & conditions

;