Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

payment for extra hours worked

re... : payment for extra hours worked           reply
06/02/2015 13:33 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
I too would give notice if you def at your end...however id arrange meet mum n dad without kids n have written arrangement drawn up re strict times, extra payment etc...get them to agree to it and point out consequences if not...
iv found iv had to be strict re everything or people walk all over you be intentionally or unintentionally...I know some dont open door till exact time of drop off...I once had issue of new parent late few evenings..I asked for text..the next monday as soon as I knew she going be late, packed up my kids n closed gate with us out on side road..when she arrived quickest handover ever and I drove off...never happened again..in my case I felt justified as I knew the parent home hour early every eve which I wouldnt mind as what any parent does is their busines as long as my hours agreed are adhered to...

07/02/2015 14:01 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
no one should expect anyone to work extra hours and not get paid for it.the parents would not work a few extra hours for nothing but they expect you to do it.if the parents cant pay a decent rate for school holidays. they should be honest and try to come to an arrangement.they want to be treated fairly while working but wont treat their childminder the same.pure slave labour comes to mind on this one.

08/02/2015 00:18 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
lol kittens with angry faces i know the ones your talking about. they do look quite peed of when the get older.but on a more serious note the parents should be ashamed of themselves. expecting you to do extra hours and not get covered for it.you were on 45 euro a day for 4 hours but during school holidays she reduced your rate to 4.50 Euro an hour.that was for 2 kids in their home thats disgraceful.the poor kids will end up going through minders like theres no tomorrow. due to the greed of the parents its not fair on them either.

07/02/2015 01:40 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
i have given them a weeks notice which they were not happy about.they asked why i was leaving and giving such short notice.so i explained again that i cant work5/6 extra hours a day and not get paid.they offered an extra fiver a day for the holidays i declined that.the thing i find funny is they have no problem going out and buying kittens that end up with angry looking faces.and buying really expensive toys for them.but they dont want to pay for their kids to be well cared for

re : payment for extra hours worked           reply
06/02/2015 12:06 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
That´s really not fair on you but I would give a weeks notice then you´ve done the right thing even if they didn´t. You might find that they´ll realise how good they had it and be willing to talk to you bout if. 45 a day during holidays for 2 kids is a very good rate, it will he hard for them to get someone else to do that. All the best

payment for extra hours worked           reply
06/02/2015 10:49 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
hi all i need a bit of advice on this.i am looking after two boys afterschool(3 afternoons a week 2.30 till 6.30) i get paid 135 a week.the mam still pay the same rate for any extra hours worked.if the kids are picked up early those hours are not paid for.i picked up 1 of the boys at 11 as he was sick and i was not paid for those hours.same with school holidays they pay 45 euro a day even though you are in from 9 until 6.30.most times they arrive back an hour late but still wont cover that.i have mentioned that i can not work the extra hours and not get paid.the mam said they can not afford to pay any more so basically they want free childminding.the parents are seperated its the mother who pays me.the dad picks them up some evenings but calls me at 6.30 saying he is running late and could i hang on.he would turn up near 7.30.im thinking of packing it in this evening with no weeks notice given.but i have been told i should be the better person and give a weeks notice.i dont know what to do.

re : payment for extra hours worked           reply
06/02/2015 11:04 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Oh my god that´s totally not on. But if I were you I would give the weeks notice and perhaps they might come to their senses and pay you for the hours you work. If not then you can walk away with your head held high.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;