Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

paid for school holidays when child not here

re : paid for school holidays when child not here           reply
22/05/2014 17:41 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
I have minded a child for a teacher for over the last 3 years and have always been paid throughout all school holidays holidays. She agreed this with me at the beginning as i told her i couldnt take him otherwise. It would appear i am one of the lucky ones though as she really wanted me to mind him and is herself a very fair person.I think you should definitely be paid at least half-rate though as she will want you to mind him again when she goes back working. Childminders tend to be under-valued in many cases and shouldnt be as it is a very responsible job and far from easy.

re... : paid for school holidays when child not here           reply
22/05/2014 17:44 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Personally I wouldnt ask re permanent, full yr contact etc I was just wondering if she geeting paid...but the fact shes requesting you only mind her child is your leverage to demand full pay....I do hope shes paying well for the above request....I can give little discount here n there as mind up to three together or have different families parttime......

22/05/2014 17:50 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Thats what i get.....I presume its just teachers hours so you are finished early. However i am allowed to mind other kids too.

22/05/2014 17:46 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Thanks girls will be getting 35 a day does that seem fair?

23/05/2014 09:37 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Unfort iv found parents with three or more kids their on a serious budget for childcare...i mind two for 50, shorter hours than yours n all food etc provided...you could push for extra 10 or 15 as a review or ask for fuel money...great chance to change terms as summer hols around the corner....

23/05/2014 09:23 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Thanks I have advertised for summer work to no avail as yet have 3 girls odd days as their mother is a nurse have them from 7am to 5.30pm school runs included 50 a day a joke so getting rid as soon as I get this other child sorted!

22/05/2014 18:15 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Yes i get full- pay for holidays but as i said she is a very fair person and said its only fair that i get paid as she does. Most out there are not so generous bt i still think you should get at least half-pay.

22/05/2014 11:20 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
thanks for that might have to reconsider or ask for half pay!

paid for school holidays when child not here           reply
22/05/2014 10:44 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Hi just wondering what is the norm I am minding a baby from 8.30am to 3.30pm 5 days a week his mam is a teacher and is not willing to pay me for the school holidays when she is off as I wont have the baby then is this the norm?
thanks

23/05/2014 09:17 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
You could advertise for summer childminding, some do need it....id defo look for full pay as shes is limiting your opportunity to make more money by her request. She would find it hard to find another good childminder willing to just mind her. 35 would be the average rate for your days work so shes not paying anything extra for her request, which i think is bit much in first place.
There is unfort all sorts of parents out there but having a good clear contact from the start will offer some protection in that you look professional and can stand by what youv both agreed.

22/05/2014 16:25 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
I don´t know if she is permanent or not will have to ask she wasn´t budging on payment for holidays will ask about half pay as she wants me to mind him and no other children!!!

22/05/2014 22:17 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
its a bit much that she dosent want you to mind other kids in your own house. and not willing to do holiday pay.what would happen if you were to take another child on.

23/05/2014 09:39 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Have discussed with mother not budging so told her im getting someone else to mind she not willing to pay anything extra shes family also so awkward.

22/05/2014 17:53 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Yes 8.30 to 3.30 good enough hours just need tp approach her on the holiday pay do u get paid for holidays or not? ? Thanks

22/05/2014 22:17 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
its a bit much that she dosent want you to mind other kids in your own house. and not willing to do holiday pay.what would happen if you were to take another child on.

22/05/2014 18:16 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Thanks so much will approach her about this and draw up a contract also.

22/05/2014 15:33 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
I childmind term time and yes parents dont pay me for all holidays...however im happy to have the days to myself and my own children....its something that should be discussed at the start, did ye.....you could say you need full pay as youv bills n c how much she values you, she might agreed to a part payment....its a misconception all teachers get full pay during the summer holidays....is she a permanent member of staff.....

re : paid for school holidays when child not here           reply
22/05/2014 10:57 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Yes I think this is fairly standard with teachers. A lot of minders, myself included, wont take teacher´s children for this reason.
i do know a minder who is paid half rate during the summer months to keep her mindees place.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;