Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

minding 6 children- how much would you charge?

re : minding 6 children- how much would you charge?           reply
10/02/2015 10:34 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
Have the family you registered as an employee with revenue....or is it a private arrangement...

re... : minding 6 children- how much would you charge?           reply
13/02/2015 08:58 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
i think the mother chanced her arm offering that rate.she would have done a bit of homework on it.she may also want leelee79 going back to her own house.in the hopes that she wont have to pay for those hours.even though she will be cooking cleaning and doing their laundry when she goes back to the house.to ask a minder to do a full family wash and fully clean the house is not on.you are employed as a childminder not a skivvy.ive been there in the early days i ended up doing everything. the parents dident have to do anything when they came home.they to were very nice until i got sick to the gills of it.when i mentioned the rate dident reflect what i was doing mr and mrs nice went out the window and in came mr and mrs hyde.leelee be careful how you go about this as sometimes a bomb can go off.pick your time to bring it up but make sure you do or you will only end up getting stressed out.

minding 6 children- how much would you charge?           reply
10/02/2015 04:16 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Hi, I mind six children in their own home €10 per hour same during school holidays, should i be paid more especially during the hols and how much do you think? my hours are 7am-15pm..its my first family and i have been here a couple of months i was happy with €10 because while others attended school i just had to mind the youngest (3yrs) I bring the children to school and collect three boys at lunch hour the mother will collect the oldest 2.. I will cook their dinner and its ready for them when they get in for half 2 and its out of the way for the mother.. now she would like me to change my hours because the youngest will be attending playschool... the parents would like me to come in at 7am till 10am take 3 hours come back do the school run at 13pm (4 boys) and stay till six.. I do mostly everything in the house cook, clean and laundry and no way is it light-house work!... hope i see some replies thank you in advance :)

11/02/2015 11:05 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
As ye tax compliant I think carefully as from what I read extremely hard to find those families...perhaps meet in the middle re rate n cut out housework...there a nanny on rollercoaster no family car n parent having issue over fuel allowance, nanny paying half but family still not happy to contribute but nanny saying wear n tear on her car adding up
its the cash nannies that can be really taken advantage of...

11/02/2015 13:19 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
she has got you where she wants you.dhe wants a childminder and housekeeper but wont pay what she should pay.you need to say something cos she is taking pure advantage of you.shes not stupid she knows if she gets someone else in the rate could be near 20 euro per hour.pick the right time to have a chat about upping the rate.this whole mess will eventually get you stressed to the gills.

10/02/2015 16:12 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Hi thanks for your reply, yes i´m paying tax i made sure of it... :)

13/02/2015 10:51 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Cleaners are 10 or 15euro an hr but in fairness a cleaner might get only 2 or 3 hrs work a week...
Any childcare arrangement has to be affordable to a family also...
lee what ages are kids and how much a week are they paying, how long are you with them (personally iv never changed a contract with a family asking for more money in my home as douth it would go down well).Unfortunately there is always someone else to take your position so can you afford to lose your job if things turn sour....

10/02/2015 11:38 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
they are taking you for granted 6 kids plus housework.you should be on at least 15 euro per hour.drop the housework let them do it themselves your not a slave.people want minders cooks and housekeepers all rolled into 1 but dont want to pay for it. i have seen some awful stuff on schooldays lately.80 a day for 6 kids not a hope would i do it.do you use your own car and is petrol covered on it

re : minding 6 children- how much would you charge?           reply
12/02/2015 17:06 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Wow....That is shocking.! 10 Euro an hour, is what you would get if you just went to clean a house, as their cleaner only. You should be getting between 15 euro to 20 per hour, for this sort of work....Regarding you going home, in between drop offs....are you still expected to be on call if child get sicks etc?. I honestly think this parent is not showing you due respect(In fairness she may not have really thought about it). What they need is a live in nanny. Hope you get to tackle the situation, and get a good outcome

10/02/2015 16:18 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
hey thanks for your reply they insured me in their car but the mother would rather me walk the children to and from school but its there most days if i really need it, I would like to drop the hat and tell them i want 15ph but its a bit steep jumping from 10ph.. i know they´re taken advantage but the mother is very nice to me which its hard for me to say no to her she really has me where she wants me...

discussion forum terms & conditions

;