Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

day school v boarding school ?

day school v boarding school ?           reply
23/04/2007 18:35 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
-----------------------------------
Hi can anyone help advise , having major difficulty in getting a 3rd year place for my 16 yr old son, can no longer stay at his present school as we are relocating to other side of county (too far to commute) he has very low self estem (like most 16yr olds )easliy lead and not very academic but quite creative. have suggested boarding school as a possibility but unsure if suitable for non academic child. should he go to mixed or single sex school day or boarding ?Please help

re : day school v boarding school ?           reply
23/04/2007 19:17 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
Hi anxiousmom. I know someone who sent their son to board in blackrock college even though they lived in the local area. Their son found the boarding routine great for helping in focus/study during the week but yet he was able to come home easily at the weekend. Would be quite near you in stillorgan but imagine the fees are exhorbitant. There was a previous short thread on this forum re boarding schools - not sure if this link will work but if not just look at the topics withing the Choosing A School list on the Discussion Board
http://www.schooldays.ie/threads/A969EB72DA2A8E8C8025722F0037F6F6
Good luck.

re... : day school v boarding school ?           reply
25/04/2007 14:12 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
thanks annie
made some enquires re the school you mentioned. heck fees are more than a mortgage. but would get over that if it was possible but unfortunatly they only have 15 boarding places per form and these are coveted siblings, staff kids, past pupil kids etc all have first preference would not even get a day place in that school was told should have my sons name down since he was in first/second class and still not necessarily guaranteed place. never thought it would be this hard to get him into school .

discussion forum terms & conditions

;