Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

choosing a secondary school

re... : choosing a secondary school           reply
19/10/2010 07:00 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
-----------------------------------
The really great thing about Stratford are the vertical relationships, all the years talk to eachother and are friends. There isn´t the usual bullying of the younger years associated with larger schools. I think that´s the net effect of being in a smaller environment, it doesn´t create a defensive stance amongst students. They are comfortable and confident in themselves and this transfers to how they treat each other.

choosing a secondary school           reply
17/08/2010 22:21 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
Hi

Wondering if anyone can help me? My 11 year old girl is going into 6th class, and i have no idea which secondary school to send her to. We live in blessington and have heard mixed reviews about local schools. Any know how i can find out factual reviews for secondary schools in the area??

thanks

Fiona

re : choosing a secondary school           reply
13/10/2010 22:52 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
My daughter attends Stratford College in Rathgar. It´s a co-ed, multi-demominational school. The class sizes are small and the teachers are excellent, many of them are State examiners so I´m always sure that she knows exactly what to expect from her state exams. She has really excelled since joining this really creative place.

re... : choosing a secondary school           reply
18/10/2010 11:34 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
You will probably hear mixed reviews about all schools, depending on who you happen to speak to. Convenience is also something you have to consider as commuting can be a difficulty. There is also the issue of friendships etc.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;