after school minding

re... : after school minding           reply
30/08/2014 16:23 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
Thanks a mil!!!

re : after school minding           reply
30/08/2014 13:46 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
i forgot to say tell them that you charge extra for the holidays if you have them longer.i was minding 2 boys a few months ago everything was fine until the holidays came along.i did the first week of the summer holidays and was handed the same pay as afterschool.afterschool was 2.30 till 6.30 during the holidays it was 9 to 6.30 they wanted me to work an extra 5 hours a day monday to friday for 45 a day.i told them i couldent do it they said they couldent afford it.this couple have fantastic jobs.and i know they wouldent work an extra 5 hours a day for free.

30/08/2014 12:14 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Hi, 3 days a week with one child to include pick up should be at least E25 per day.Extra child should also be E25 for one day. This would be a fair cost as it would be similar to school bus pick up and after school club rates. You would need the parents to give clear instructions regarding meals , homework and playtime etc, as I have experienced very demanding children that would have you jump thru hoops and where eating into the few bob you where making. They never stopped eating !!! Most children are great but, you need to have everything very clear and written down from the beginning , a copy for both of you. And the parents should make the children aware of the arrangements. You also need to allow a charge for picking up late if they get delayed and you can be taken advantage of especially if you are a nice lady. E5 for every half hour or so
something like that. I don´t want to come across negative, I love minding children. It can be very rewarding once you set out all the details from the beginning it can save you months of torment. And everybody will have a better experience because it was all clear from the start.
It´s great to have the extra few bob :)
E100 is a fair price but, if you are asked for any specific requirements you can try get a little more as you will be giving them a great service. If they haggle with you over E100 you may need to rethink it. You could try E120 first and you might just get it.
Hope this is of some help. Let me know how you get on. Good luck.
Don´t loose the job and don´t undersell yourself :) !!
Vicki

after school minding           reply
29/08/2014 11:54 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Wondering what to charge for collection of 1 child at 1.15 and mind til 6.30 3 days a week. Wil drive to school not too far, about 3km. Wil have 1 other school collection at least 1 day a week so will be a half an hour hanging around after first pick up. suggestions on rate to charge is it 5an hour? Wil have to cook meals too

30/08/2014 11:27 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
if its in your house with 1 child its 5 euro an hour2 kids are 8 euro an hour. petrol allowance would depend of the size of your car.could be around 10 euro though.if its in parents house then its around 10 euro an hour with petrol allowance still included.i have had people tell me i shouldent be charging for petrol that its not fair.but its not fair to expext a minder to cover the cost of collecting someones kids out of her own pocket.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;