Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

advice on hourly rate for nanny

re : advice on hourly rate for nanny           reply
10/07/2016 20:13 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
A nanny is entitled to at least minimum wage as youv to register as the nanny´s employer providing contract, wage slips, pay her prsi, holidays etc. However you´d be looking at approx 15euro an hour. Check her car insurance and check your own house insurance or childminding Ireland offer a nanny insurance package.
Five 10 hour days is alot with your children...do check first aid, vetted and genuine interest in your kids and love of children in general.

re... : advice on hourly rate for nanny           reply
11/07/2016 10:58 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Thank you.
I had €15 per hour in mind but just wanted to make sure I wasn´t offering her too little as I´d be mortified!
Cheers

11/07/2016 11:01 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Awe fair play to you!
Best of luck with your search xxx

advice on hourly rate for nanny           reply
10/07/2016 15:45 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Nanny required to look after 4 kids (10 hours per day) Children are now 6,4,2, and 4 months. I would like the nanny to prepare homecooked meals for the children, and there are multiple school drop offs which I will provide petrol costs for. It will be 5 days per week monday to friday. How much would I be expecting to pay?

Thank you

12/07/2016 11:59 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
€15 per hour gross for the hours you are offering equates to an annual salary for the nanny of €39,000 a year or a total cost to you including employers PRSI of €43,192 per year. This is too much in my experience of Dublin rates.
€15 per hour may be appropriate rate for afterschool only or if you could only offer 2 or 3 days a week - but for 50 hours I´d say in the range of 10 to 12 per hour plus employers PRSI. This is 500 to 600 per week and is what they quote on the nanny agency websites.
I´ve employed a childcare qualified nanny for the last 4 years at €550 per week plus PRSI. North Dublin.

re : advice on hourly rate for nanny           reply
11/07/2016 10:34 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Pretty much echoing MinderofChild
€15.00 ball park per hour, just do bear in mind you have the reg as their employer etc which she covered.....definitely make sure they´re vetted and have first aid - as a minimum, ideally references if they worked as a nanny before too

discussion forum terms & conditions

;