Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

a grounded child

a grounded child           reply
24/06/2013 08:28 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
hi there.id really appreciate.some advice on this.
a freind of mine looks after 2 girls in their own home.a couple of times one of them has been grounded.shes not allowed out.and no one comes in.i might be wrong.but i dont think that a childminder should have to deal with that.if a parent grounds a child.it should be on there watch.not on the minders.from what i heard.as soon as the parents got home.the child was let out to play.i think anything like that should be left to the weekend.when the parents are at home.but in this case. its let the minder deal with it.
ps.the parents dident even have the decency. to tell her the child was grounded.the child had to tell her.

re... : a grounded child           reply
24/06/2013 11:00 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
i agree.if a child gets grounded.for watever reason.the parent/parents should.tell the child that they are grounded on saturday or sunday.you mentention that they are letting her out. as soon as they get home.i would politely ask them about that.say i thought she was grounded for the whole day.

re : a grounded child           reply
24/06/2013 09:16 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
out of interest what age is the child?

re... : a grounded child           reply
24/06/2013 10:29 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
shes 7 yrs old.i just think when the parents ground a child.it should be on their watch.(week end ground)i dont like the fact.that she gets out as soon as one of the parents get home.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;