What is a fair rate to pay?

re... : What is a fair rate to pay?           reply
03/03/2014 21:10 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
Thanks Poppy, what would be a fair rate do you think please? Thanks

re : What is a fair rate to pay?           reply
17/03/2014 21:05 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
I´m working in Childcare with the past 10 years full time. I would charge €5p/h for one child and €7-€8 p/h for tw siblings, all depending on if school runs are involved etc. Also, well done to you for offering paid holidays, a lot of families don´t. I know, as a nanny, I appreciate families who treat me right. The laws state 4 weeks per calendar year! Good luck with your search.

04/03/2014 09:05 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Hi yes I agree with Rachael, I am a childminder in Blanchardstown and don´t charge for my holidays except bank holidays if your usual day falls on a Monday. I also don´t charge if I am sick but if your little one is sick or on holidays I do charge as I am holding the space for your little one
Rachael I sent you a pm!

04/03/2014 18:11 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Hi psstaszak,
I have heard before Im nearly as expensive as the creche....however I feel Im worth the rate I charge (it would be €7 for two siblings, I dont charge for bank hols, holiday pay etc as I feel thats the best way to keep myself working) as I offer a home from home environment, free play, activities and also trips outside my home, from walks to other places a family might need to visit. I know iv brought my kids to pixi fotos for their portraits, family fun days etc...
If you check out your childminder well before hand you should have no worry about your children/you missing days etc. Iv taken two days off in nearly three years and have given plenty of notice.

16/03/2014 14:25 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Hi,
can I ask you what creche are you using? 980 for 2 children is not bad. how much do they charge for one child ?
many thanks,

04/03/2014 15:26 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
I am afraid I wouldn´t do it for six euros an hour even if holidays are paid, I could get five euros for two children each from different families so it wouldn´t be worth my while to be honest ! Especially if your kids are in school and she is only earning that amount for a couple of hours each day the rest of the year
If you are going to use a childminder in their own home they are self employed so will set the rate.. In your own home you are an employer but would then be liable for tax and prsi.
Hope that helps

What is a fair rate to pay?           reply
03/03/2014 19:52 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Hi,
I would like feedback from childminders on what is a fair rate to pay for two children to be minded in minders home. 7 hours a day, 8.15am - 3.15pm. Also how much holiday pay in fair to offer? From reading here fair rate seems to be 8 euro an hour but I see no mention of holiday pay. Would two weeks be Ok? Friends tell me they don´t pay holiday pay but I wouldn´t be comfortable with this, it´s important to me for my childminder to be treated fairly so they know we value their service. Thanks!

18/03/2014 11:44 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
that rate is for one child after school hours and the other child full time but with reduction for ECCE hours (3 hours per day). Normal rate is €836 for one child full time. She gives discounts then also for 2 siblings.
They are based in Rathcoole.

18/03/2014 12:33 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
It depends on if you are sending your kids to a childminder´s house or if childminder is working from your home. ECCE scheme is also free!!

04/03/2014 15:00 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
I am hoping to move my girls from creche care to a childminder soon. I am offering to pay the lady ( we have someone in mind) €820 per calendar month for minding them during school weeks, mid term breaks and summer holidays. There are 2 girls (one in senior infants the other will be going to ECCE 3 hours per day - 5 days per week). I plan on offering paid holidays including bank holidays on condition that the summer holidays are taken at the same time as the families. Will also pay if the child is not attending due to illness or other reason but will not pay if the childminder is sick. Do you think this rate is fair? I calculate it out at €3 per child per hour. When both of them are in school the following year I would reduce this amount to €700 per calendar month.

03/03/2014 22:32 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Hi Doireann
The usual rate is around 5 euro an hour if the child is minded in the minders home. Minders usually expect to be paid for all your holidays eg if you take 4 weeks holidays then they need to be paid. And they need to be paid for bank holidays. Thats how it works in my experience, I´ve had 2 minders so far. On the other hand if the minder lets you down or takes holidays that don´t coincide with yours you may have scope to not pay for those weeks - lay all your cards on the table in the beginning and best of luck

04/03/2014 15:31 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
ok thanks for the info. it wouldnt be worth my while moving them from the creche if i paid any more than that as the creche is only 980 per calendar month for the 2 of them (ECCE with full time care & after school care for other child) plus i would be taking a risk that the childminder would let you down at any time where the creche is always open..... i ´ll have to think about this further... thanks for taking the time to reply to me.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;