Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Teenager childminder

Teenager childminder           reply
29/03/2017 19:22 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay (Locality: Meath)
-----------------------------------
Hi

We recently took in our 14 year old nephew to live with us. Trying to get school sorted but myself and husband work full time. Any ideas what child minder costs are for teenager in mid terms and summer months and potentially after school? We have 2 year old boy that already with child minder but may not be able take both full time.

All advise welcome as having teenager in house is new to us!!

re : Teenager childminder           reply
29/03/2017 22:49 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
That age (and younger) around my area I see kids home alone but majority with a neighbour or family member around. They like their own space and own environment. Homework needs to be done and food can be cold or microwaved. See if he finds being home alone safe first with understanding of whos around and you feel hes responsible enough. Around the 7/8/9 kids start disliking centre based childcare. They need quiet after a busy school day. 12 is the oldest child iv ever seen in a childminders.
See what summer camps etc are available also in the area and the Irish colleges could be up to three weeks long if he´d any interest in Irish (some have more adventure/sport focus too). Is there any morning/evening supervised study in his new school?
On an aside alot 14 year olds mind siblings or other children during summer hols so are seen as capable by some it seems.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;