Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Tax prsi etc as a nanny

Tax prsi etc as a nanny           reply
08/09/2017 01:23 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay (Locality: Cork)
-----------------------------------
Hello,
Just enquiring could anybody able to advise me on paying prsi etc as a nanny. Started working for a family minding three kids their dog and house cleaning three ten hour days and want to know my rights and what I have to do. Thank you so much. Really would appreciate the help.

re : Tax prsi etc as a nanny           reply
08/09/2017 05:01 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Its your family that do the registering, they need ring revenue and set themselves up as your employer. Did they mention that prior to you starting? Have you got a written contract? Are you getting a wageslip?....

re... : Tax prsi etc as a nanny           reply
08/09/2017 09:43 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Thank you for responding. We have a written contract but they want to pay me cash in hand. I didn´t know I was meant to pay prsi until recently but knew I was under the tax bracket. So I asked them could they pay my prsi and they said their accountant advised them it would cost too much and too much red tape and that I was better off self employed but still mind the children in their home.

08/09/2017 18:02 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
By blaming their accountant they know paying you cash is illegal...I´m surprised through they give you a written contract but then does it state your and their details and your duties/pay. Very stupid if it does and they paying you cash as youv proof of employment. There is very little red tape, tricky for parents at the start but if this family employ an accountant no excuse.
You cannot be a nanny and self-employed!
Ball is in your court..do you work for cash with no entitlements/insurance etc or insist on them registering as your employer....

08/09/2017 18:16 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
My details their details money per hour and per week. My duties everything. I didn´t think it would be a big a deal as they are making out. Basically go self employed stay as I am or find a new job. Very confused. I don´t know what to do. I´m afraid I´m going to be in trouble now if I don´t get it sorted.

08/09/2017 18:56 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
You can´t get into trouble with revenue, have no fear of that...its them that would and fined and any entitlements you are owed.
If your contract has all that info perhaps it is a case they genuinely don´t understand employing a nanny. Give them the benefit of the douth and explain you rang revenue to register as self-employed nanny but you can´t...give them the information on revenue website re employing a domestic servant. And see what they say to that.
As youv contract make sure you get proper notice etc, the family can´t simply wash their hands of you.

08/09/2017 21:53 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Thank you so much for all of your advise. I´ll do that. If they go ahead and decide to pay it. Is it easy enough to process?? Will it cost them alot?? Is there anything I need to do? Thank you again 😊

discussion forum terms & conditions

;