Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

St. Finbarr's National School - Gillabbey Street, Cork.

re... : St. Finbarr´s National School - Gillabbey Street, Cork.           reply
26/08/2009 12:13 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
-----------------------------------
Hope it all works out for you, Sisi. Goldilocks has given me good advice in the past so I am glad she has contributed here. I had never heard of this school before. Heard of all the others mentioned and would agree with the positive comments about them. I have a child attending one of the schools but I don´t want to influence you.
You should make an appointment to meet with the principals, they will give you a tour around the schools and that may help you to make up your mind. That´s what I did and it made my mind up for me.

re : St. Finbarr´s National School - Gillabbey Street, Cork.           reply
21/08/2009 08:47 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
This is a small, Church of Ireland school, with mostly mixed classes. As far as I know the principal left recently to go to a larger school so I don´t know anything about what it will be like in the year ahead.
I could be wrong but I think I remember you enquiring about various other schools in the past. If you are the same person, I would feel that all schools have advantages but some of the others you mentioned would have more advantages than this one.

22/08/2009 01:02 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
The last thing I would want to do is to speak badly of any school so I hope that that is not how my contribution has come across. If it was my choice, I would look into some of the other very good schools in the locality also.

22/08/2009 13:43 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
The best thing is for you to visit the school by making an appointment. I did hear that the principal has left. Alternatively, if you are prepared to travel out a bit, Glasheen and St.Catherines are excellent. They are both schools in good condition with hard working staffs and excellent reputations. Perhaps you have heard of them, perhaps not. Either way, you should visit St Finbarrs and whatever other schools you wish and decide for yourself.

26/08/2009 12:01 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
Hi Ladies,

Sorry I forgot to mention that I am sending my daughter in September 2010. Trying to plan ahead.

Thanks for all your help.

Sisi

26/08/2009 13:16 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
Thank you for all the info. I am also considering St. Catherine´s, Glasheen and Gaelscoil Ui Riada (Wilton). For my son, I was thinking about St. Joseph´s (mardyke), Glasheen Boys, and Gaelscoil Ui Riada.

Really appreciate all of your comments.

Sisi

St. Finbarr´s National School - Gillabbey Street, Cork.           reply
20/08/2009 11:22 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
Looking for some information on this school. I don´t know anything about it and live nearby. I have a daughter (4) and a son (3). I was thinking of sending them to this school. Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Sisi

24/08/2009 20:30 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
Just wondering if you have been able to make contact with any of the schools? Most schools are up and running this week, getting ready for next week. Just thought that if your daughter is already 4, she may be starting this year, in which case, it would be a very urgent matter for you to sort. Good luck but I would like to hear how things work out for you.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;