Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us
Want to see more information for St Raphaela's Secondary School Upper Kilmacud Road Stillorgan Co Dublin, Dun Laoghaire - Rathdown ? Click on the link.

Standards in the St. Raphaela's

re : Standards in the St. Raphaela´s           reply
04/02/2008 16:57 - School Specific
-----------------------------------
I am a 6th year student in St Raphaela’s and from my personal experience I have nothing but only good things to say about the school. I have never once come into contact with drugs, been offered them or seen any relation to them, during my six years in the school. As far as bullying goes, once again I can say that I have never seen any of this and there is a very strict anti-bullying policy in place within the school. Over all I would say our school is a friendly ad welcoming place, where any student who works hard has the opportunity to receive good results I’ve truly enjoyed my years in St Raphaela’s and I would recommended the school to anyone. I know that I for one will be sad to finish in June and I will leave with very fond memories.

re... : Standards in the St. Raphaela´s           reply
05/02/2008 21:16 - School Specific
I read the Irish times article and I have read the student comment here on this That sort of comment is I believe sometimes used as an excuse to justify NOT sending your son/daughter to a specific school. I have had first hand experience of that very type of comment and its not just unfortunate it is very unfair on the students and teachers in any school. But certainly not one the reputation of Sa. Raphaela´s.

06/02/2008 20:53 - School Specific
Sorry for been so unclear and after reading my comment I was unclear. I should have said sometimes you hear general, not very favourable comments about a specific school (like drugs, bullying whatever etc). But they are rarely based on any first hand knowledge and in my experience they are often used to justify not sending your son/daughter to the specific school. They are in a lot of cases based on hearsay. I had a niece in that school and I always taught it was a highly regarded one and the comments surprised me. So sorry again for being so unclear.

29/01/2008 17:52 - School Specific
I see there´s a large profile in today´s Irish Times of St Raphaels which you might be interested in reading - think its page 13. Granted it´s written by the Principal but it makes interesting reading.

Standards in the St. Raphaela´s           reply
23/01/2008 15:50 - School Specific
As a parent of a pupil who is planning to go to St. Raphaela´s in first year this year, I have heard many problems with the school and very concerned. I would love to hear from any parents or pupils currently there to hear how happy they are with the school. for example, is the school clean, do teachers take serious about any Bullying, is there much bullying, are drugs being sold???? Would appreciate to hear anything about any issues. Many thanks.

06/02/2008 08:46 - School Specific
Sorry Arock,
Don´t really understand what you mean by "That sort of comment is I believe is used............ What comment are you referring to? Maybe it too early in the morning for me and I am missing something.

04/02/2008 21:38 - School Specific
Thanks so much for the comments, has been very helpful.

05/02/2008 13:36 - School Specific
St. Raphaela´s is a fantastic school, and why people are so worried about sending their daughters there is a puzzle to me. Both my daughters are Raphs girls. My older daughter finished 4 years ago with a very good leaving cert and first choice for college. She has just recieved a BA Hons in Art and Design.
My younger daughter is in First year and very happy and so far doing very well in all subjects. She is interested in science, music and art which the school have excellent teachers. Fantastic sports facilities also. I have heard a lot of complaints about some teachers in other private schools by friends and neighbours.
About bullying... never came across it with my girls and they were not aware of any great problems. Same goes for drugs.
I live near the school and see the girls every day they are always polite and well mannered, but there is always the odd one who is not so nice and this happens in all schools no matter where or how costly the fees are. Sometimes I think, the higher the fees the ruder the student.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;