Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

So annoyed with this blase attitude!!!

re : So annoyed with this blase attitude!!!           reply
20/11/2012 16:56 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
Hi - totally agree with above replies. Would be on the look out for another family. If they are taking advantage at this early stage its only going to get worse! Best of luck with whatever you decide.

21/11/2012 16:22 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
You are very much being taken for granted. Think you need to have a chat. It´s really not fair on you to do this to you. I´m fed up too with families taking advantage of childminders . I mind kids in my own home and have come across families who don´t pay on time.Drives me mad. Some people have the attitude that "aw well your at home sure what else would u be oung you might as well be minding kids", the kids I mind are treated very well. Have a serious chat. I know it´s hard to approach the subject but it will get worse if you don´t,best of luck

re... : So annoyed with this blase attitude!!!           reply
21/11/2012 16:49 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
well said weewomen.
regards

20/11/2012 16:25 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
you are being used my friend,look for another family that will treat
you with respect.
good luck

20/11/2012 15:08 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
no your not being unresonable.a once of is one thing.but to keep doing it is taking liberties.i wonder if you asked for a raise each time they do this .would they keep doing it.

So annoyed with this blase attitude!!!           reply
20/11/2012 14:57 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay (Locality: Dublin North)
I have taken on a job recently (you may have read my previous thread for advice on charges in Rush Co Dublin). Thank you all who PMd.
I am minding for this family now and they set the days out a few weeks in advance (as I only work a 2 day week ) this is our minimun number of days agreement and I keep myself free all days before I get my schedule as set by them so they have me any days they need me! (as in I am free any days untill they set the schedule and after that I keep myself free only the days they have told me I am needed) fair enough I thought?
We are both fine with this however recently they are changing my schedule at the shortest notice, leaving me really stuck for my own plans.
Example 3 weeks ago the dad asked to change a Friday to a Tuesday(the following week) which meant I only had 1 day one week(not our arrangement) and then 3 days the following week.
I agreed in this instance as I will oblige where I can.
Fast forward a week later the mum asks to change my schedule again from a Monday and Tuesday to a Thur and Friday, I agreed and changed my own plans so I was available for her.
She then changed the days AGAIN Before contacting me (the day before
the children were due to be with me )to say they were sick and would come later in the week.
I had promised my dad I would bring him to a hospital appointment as I was shceduled to be off and now he has to make other arrangements.
I suppose what I am asking is am i being unreasonable to want to stick to our agreed days or should I be available 5 days a week incase they change it at the last minute!!?
How do others deal with this type of situation?
Any advice really appreciated.

20/11/2012 15:19 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Thank you for replying. I am just getting really fed up changing my plans every week for them.
Plus we agreed that in the event of the children being unwell and not coming on days they are supposed to come to me I still get paid my minimun 2 day agreement.
It seems to be they are not sticking to the agreement because if the children are sick they will just change our agreed days! For example the children were scheduled to be with me yesterday and today but due to being ill they are now coming thursday and Friday.
Dont know how to approach it.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;