Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Seeking participants for MRI Study of Autism Spectrum Disorders

Seeking participants for MRI Study of Autism Spectrum Disorders           reply
16/07/2013 07:48 - Announcements
-----------------------------------
Posted on behalf of Jacqueline Fitzgerald.

My name is Jacqueline Fitzgerald and I am currently undertaking a PhD in Trinity College Dublin. I am seeking right-handed male volunteers aged 10 -18 years who are typically developing (with no history of neurodevelopment delay) as well as individuals with higher functioning autism spectrum disorders (ASDs) to take part in my research.

The aim of my research is to investigate brain structure, function and connectivity in autism. In order to do this, participants will be asked to come into the Trinity Institute of Neuroscience for an MRI scan. For typically developing children, this will take approximately 2 hours (1 hour of assessments and a 1 hour scan) and for children with ASDs it will take a bit longer as there are a few more assessments involved.

All children will be given a DVD of their brain and a voucher for taking part (and will hopefully leave with a little insight into the world of research!).

If you are interested in taking part in this study and would like more information please contact, Jacqueline Fitzgerald, by email: fitzgeje@tcd.ie or Tel. 01-896 4102

Further information on http://www.medicine.tcd.ie/neuropsychiatric-genetics/autism/mri.php

discussion forum terms & conditions

;