Schools with breakfast club/afterschool care

re : Schools with breakfast club/afterschool care           reply
13/03/2012 12:32 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
-----------------------------------
Where are you living? What part of Dublin

Schools with breakfast club/afterschool care           reply
12/03/2012 14:31 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
I´m a single parent, and my six year old is currently in a Gaelscoil which he loves. Problem is, I´ve just completed a masters and want to get back to work. However, his school don´t open their gates until 8.40, after which I´d have to bus it into town... He currently finishes at 1.15, and none of the childcare providers in the area will collect from his school as it is too small. So basically, I´m only free to work for about three hours a day, which would never cover my bills.

I need to get him into a school that is at least serviced by childcare facilities, if they don´t have them onsite. Any ideas? I´m especially keen to get him into a school with a breakfast club, as this would give me time to commute to work (I can´t currently afford a car). I´ll consider any school in Dublin at this point. Or any other suggestions you might have...

Many thanks!

re... : Schools with breakfast club/afterschool care           reply
15/03/2012 01:54 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
I´m off the howth road, but just renting. If I could find somewhere with proper childcare options I´d easily move closer.

17/03/2012 00:22 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
Hmm... I´ve just applied for a position in Ucd, so that could work really well if I´m successful; I´ll look into it. Many thanks!!

15/03/2012 16:14 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
Not sure about Northside, but in Kilmacud/Stillorgan area they is a boys school called St Laurences. Next door to it there is a Breakfast Club & Afterschool Club called the Alphabet Club. Not sure if that area would suit you.#

discussion forum terms & conditions

;