Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

School term minding - would you charge for non term?

School term minding - would you charge for non term?           reply
14/08/2017 22:39 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay (Locality: Cork)
-----------------------------------
Hi all. I have been asked to mind 2 school going children. School drop off and collection after school for school term only. I am just wondering is €40 a day too much to ask for and secondly would you charge something for the holidays that i dont have them? Thanking you all in advance :)

re : School term minding - would you charge for non term?           reply
15/08/2017 20:10 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
How many hours is it, is it 5 days a week. Are you paid say if kids gone on hols? Are you paid for bank hols? Are you insured childmind?
Term time only you can work it a number of ways..its up to you being self employed. Some charge and some don´t, some charge higher rate per hour and then nothing for sch hols.

re : School term minding - would you charge for non term?           reply
16/08/2017 18:48 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Hi
I mind a teachers child but it´s 5 days all day and Iv just charged them for the school year and spread it over 52 weeks so I´m paid every week. But if they want an extra day during a midterm they just pay me for that day extra and there is no messing about.
We calculated that there is 183 school days. Works for both of us.
Just one way of doing it.
Hope this helps.

re... : School term minding - would you charge for non term?           reply
17/08/2017 19:18 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
That´s another way of working it alright, especially if you know the family, handy for all to budget but its been a way to cheat childminders too..there has been a few over the years that worked all term time for the low rate and come end of May or June family gave notice and just started new childcare for next September..very nasty. Childminders, even with a contract need to protect themselves. Alot childminders now work fees paid in advance.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;