Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

School-runs

re... : School-runs           reply
06/02/2015 10:44 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
Defo hidden costs...my childcare committee turn a deaf ear when I mention things, ..like effect on my house insurance, companies not quoting me, im doing everything right while others are over ratio charging little so they like mini zoos but great wage for cm...wear and tear on my house, iv just had to change my fabric kitchen chairs to leatherette as stained from toddlers (not their fault at all but obviously a house with extra kids will be open to more chance of getting older quickly)...
im planning changing insurance this year, if there is another company as I feel no progress being made in this whole cm area...its so frustrating...if our own political system dont recognise cm as anything other than cash in hand how can ordinary joe soap...
I recently had a mum ring me and say why didnt I include nappies in my rate as mrs x did...id love to have said well another of mrs x parent rang me looking for a place as her baby has had constant nappy rash in the last five months and starts to ease only on weekends, i asked how many times is she changing the baby nappy, dont know was answer, I said sure you know from daily note, no note....I guess fresh nappy change just before collecting, money saving excerise for cm...

06/02/2015 13:20 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Thats who im with re insurance...im rural and so I blame my location for fact iv never got one mention of them from parents..I feel very disappointed when I read on their fb page that cms are being left out of the early years plan...there is just no progression in cm...all my parents have to be private paying...

05/02/2015 19:59 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Thank you so much for this information. Im so glad i gave up this school run as i just stay at home with the babies and toddlers im minding now. Thank God for late night shopping!! There are so many hidden costs with childminding that a lot of parents dont realise. I really stick to 5 euro an hour as all of my mindees are part-time.When im offered less i just turn away the work its just not worth it.

05/02/2015 13:05 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Hi ´minder of child´......Thanks for your reply.Is that 300 euro in total for your car insurance or 300 extra for carrying mindees? I dont get out of the house at the moment but if i do i will have to change my car insurance.

06/02/2015 12:29 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Think you were right to do what you did. I agree with the wear and tear comment feel like I´m never done with up keeping my home now!!! With regards to the insurance this I find is a real issue, I notified my insurance and there was a very minimal increase bout 50 I think. I have also registered with childminding Ireland which is 155 but that includes childcare insurance. I´ve gotten so many calls since being registered with them in comparison to my local ccc. The insurance covers all aspects home, outings and car which gives me great peace of mind!! Well worth a look into!

05/02/2015 17:46 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Unfortunately extra..im with axa...its class 2 but other cms iv spoken to at meetings say they have just got cm down in occupation and dont use car for school runs and so only carry kids on their normal business, admin fee of approx 50 to 90euro...I been told to call to their office n persist till they offer this though as phonecall no good...
I can use my car in course of business and everyone covered on school runs...I picked a child up from playschool and had to sign for him..I did ask if I did it reguraly would I have to sign and she said a record would be kept of who picked him up...very easy for car insurance company to check if accident...plenty taking the risk but I think they ignorant of the fact their domestic policy invalid if receiving payment for school run...

04/02/2015 10:52 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Catole jean, I feel for you as I understand your issue and think you perfectly right to let child go if it too much for you n your kids...I get my neighbour do my own kids school runs so I dont have to leave the house, I pay 5euro a day but well worth it for the convenience...perhaps you could look at this as an option..

re : School-runs           reply
04/02/2015 10:18 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
I always fit naps in around playschool and school runs you cant just give one child up after taking it on just because you have to do a school run its part of the job smalliez are easily adapted to whatever nap time you create, while i do try to keep to babies routine that they have at home its not always workable and the parents understand and are happy once they get a decent sleep ewhich they always do.

School-runs           reply
03/02/2015 11:08 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Hi I am just wondering do other childminders find it very hard to juggle school-runs with minding other babies and toddlers? Recently i had to give up a child who was coming to me for just three 4 hour shifts(days varied each week) but had to be collected at half 12 from playschool. I felt the parents were very aggrieved but it just wasnt worth the hassle loading smaller kids in and out of car and trying to fit in with naps etc.

05/02/2015 10:33 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
I dont have 7 seater either but if I had one id take on too much work...esp afterschoolers...so im sticking with a saloon...
its tough re whole car insurance implications....my class II policy as a cm 300€ a year...

04/02/2015 13:27 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
I did mention to them if they could get him dropped to me i would have no issue minding him. He was with me 3 full days but they decided to send him to playschool even though he was too young for free year. I was having to refuse babies who would be full days as room in car would have been an issue as i dont have a 7 seater.My next door neighbour collects her little girl from the same playschool but that was not considered acceptable either as parents in question didnt know her. I feel we have to do whats best for ourselves and the other mindees we have. Everything is running much smoother without school-run.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;