Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

School drop off only

re : School drop off only           reply
30/08/2016 11:23 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
Eh, maybe €30??
I am a childminder but don´t do just drop offs!
Maybe ask her?
Or maybe a voucher for her hair and a meal every month (if she´s a friend)

re... : School drop off only           reply
31/08/2016 06:07 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
As it´s a friend I´d stick with a voucher as if she becomes known as a taxi service or even a childminder taking cash (which she should declare) her own domestic car insurance is comprised. If she had an accident on those school runs no one in that car is covered.
Re how much it´s a fantastic offer by your friend so it´s priceless really, I´d be over generous if you can afford it.

School drop off only           reply
29/08/2016 16:13 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Hello all,

I have to get to work earlier these days so needed someone to drop ds to school as I can´t anymore :( A lovely parent of a friend in his class that I am friendly with offered totally unexpectedly to help me out with this.

She will drop him to school every day. I will be leaving him to her house half an hour before school time. He will have had breakfast. How much do you think I should offer her?

Thanks for your opinion!

re... : School drop off only           reply
31/08/2016 06:14 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Just reread the 30 mins before school so care is also required meaning her house insurance is also compromised, she will quickly be spotted at the school gate dropping your child. I know when my own were dropped by a neighbour I informed school and the note said we were sharing lifts so god forbid an accident she wasn´t a childminder of my own.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;