Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Relocating from India to Ireland - need advise for my 5 yr old daughter

re... : Relocating from India to Ireland - need advise for my 5 yr old daughter           reply
26/10/2010 13:40 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
-----------------------------------
Have you googled the schools in the area in which you are interested. If you get their email addresses, you could contact them by email but bear in mind that this is mid-term break so they won´t re-open until next week.

re... : Relocating from India to Ireland - need advise for my 5 yr old daughter           reply
24/10/2010 23:33 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
I would agree that your daughter should go to one of the local, non fee paying, primary schools but unfortunately I´m not familiar with any of them.

re : Relocating from India to Ireland - need advise for my 5 yr old daughter           reply
09/09/2010 14:06 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
Hi Faisal,

I don´t know any schools in Sandyford. But I noted your mention of fees.

My advice is to send your duaghter to the local, public National School.

Private schools at Primary level in Dublin, tend to have a lower academic standard than the traditional National School. Their teaching of the Irish language is, in the case of the private school my children attended, particularly abysmal.

Moreover, a significant number of the staff at these schools are not properly-qualified National Teachers.

Save your money and give your little girl the best start in her new life in Dublin. Find your nearest national School. Good luck to you in the move.

02/11/2010 04:44 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
Thank you very much Margaret :)

25/10/2010 09:31 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
Hi,

Thank you very much for your kind advise. It has really helped to ease one of my biggest worry. Thanks again for your time.

Warm Regards,
Faisal

01/11/2010 20:45 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
I hope it all works out for you and the move goes smoothly for you. Mary

28/10/2010 22:53 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
I think the local school would be a good option.

Relocating from India to Ireland - need advise for my 5 yr old daughter           reply
08/09/2010 18:13 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
Hi,
I´ll be shifting to Ireland from India shortly. I´ll be staying in and around Sandyford. I have a 5 year old daughter. I´ll be thankful if someone can provide some suggestion/advise about where I can get admission for her & how. What will be the fees & any other information.

Thanks & Regards,
Faisal

30/10/2010 22:57 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
Any developments on this? Perhaps with the mid-term break, you might find it difficult to make contact with the schools until Monday.

re : Relocating from India to Ireland - need advise for my 5 yr old daughter           reply
24/10/2010 23:16 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
There is a lovely school near Sandyford called St. Raphaela´s National School. It´s an all girls school. It´s not fee paying. I know of it through some friends who have their daughters there and all are very happy with it.

25/10/2010 09:30 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
Hi,

Thank you very much for your kind advise. It has really helped to ease one of my biggest worry. Thanks again for your time.

Warm Regards,
Faisal

discussion forum terms & conditions

;