Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Quick question about childcare grant

re : Quick question about childcare grant           reply
29/06/2016 14:53 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
Hey Hun
It is for current childminders and future ones but you have to be registered etc to apply for it!
Different counties have different deadlines too. I´d be happy to phone you and talk you through the process x

re : Quick question about childcare grant           reply
29/06/2016 14:57 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
My deadline was two weeks ago and I remember the form had a potential to mind side. The only thing is insurance. The grant application needs in date insurance. Ring your county childcare committe and see what they advise, maybe there´s a way you don´t need insurance as youv no children. Have you notified to your county childcare committe already as this lengthy process depending on how quick or slow they visit you?

Quick question about childcare grant           reply
29/06/2016 13:17 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
I´m not minding any kids at the moment but am planning on taking on one full time and one part time in the next few months. I know you can apply for the grant when you are minding children and when you are proposing to mind children (which is what I am), but I was wondering if you are more likely to get the grant if you are already minding kids? The deadline is in 2 weeks so I need to decide whether to apply now or wait until next year, when I will be actively minding. Any advice appreciated Thanks :)

re... : Quick question about childcare grant           reply
30/06/2016 08:43 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Thanks for your reply :) I have voluntary notified and had a home visit from my local childcare committee. It was actually with my letter confirming I am now registered that I got the grant form. My home insurance covers minding up to 2 kids at the moment so I am ok for that. I think I´ll just go ahead anyway, surely it will do no harm. Will the childcare committee schedule another home inspection I wonder? It´s only 2 weeks since the girl called, she actually told me about the grant and gave me some pointers on things I could apply for.

re... : Quick question about childcare grant           reply
30/06/2016 10:27 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Well done, apply away, you can apply for €500 or full €1000..I´d go for full €1000 if I were you. You´d never know when the grant could be stopped or suspended. It´s was only reopened two years ago after none for few years. It´s really a great help as parents paying for a professional service want see all boxes are being ticked. Get all the important bits like fire equipment , first aid box, radiators in room kids use sorted, socket covers etc, good carseats etc.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;