Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Pay while at playschool

Pay while at playschool           reply
14/02/2018 08:49 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay (Locality: Carlow)
-----------------------------------
Hi there.mimd 2 kids one in primary and one starting playschool. Have for an hr before school and then drop and collect to both school. Should I get paid while at school...

re : Pay while at playschool           reply
14/02/2018 18:41 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Nat sch hours no payment, its wraparound/before/after care you offer.
Playschool... It depends on are you insured/registered childminder but also how strong your principles are.
Registered yes payment if dropping.
Unregistered its very tough insist as ECCE marketed as "free" but its only free to the stay at home parent or those using unpaid family minders. Parents are however looking forward to these "free" childcare hours and a reduction in their childcare costs but its not the chidminder´s place to give free childcare ever . Worse youv to compete with the affordable childcare scheme since September 2017 and if its a creche the ECCE is in the family may be entitled to "more free" hours there depending on their income. Worse difficult if its a parent paying younger child´s playschool fee as they feel/are paying double.
If on principle you feel you wish to charge for the hours then insist on it but be aware you run the risk of losing the family. Don´t forget youv fuel costs, extra car insurance if your using your car, sleeping kid/s to wake at midday, bad weather etc and your losing your freedom as you can´t venture far. Too much all for "free".

23/02/2018 19:01 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
I was wondering the same thing . My child is going to Playschool in September but I will have to pick up each day and mind for only 3 hours 5 days a week . I will have to be available for when the child is not well . €5 an hour .

re... : Pay while at playschool           reply
24/02/2018 07:04 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
If I don´t do the drop to playschool (ie get paid for time before and during the playschool hours) Im not "on call". I don´t mind being down as an early collector but only if I´m available (you´ll be caught being local for six hours a day for €15).
Plus it depends on the type of " sick" if child is too sick for playschool it could mean too sick for a childminder. If vomit/toilet/high temp its home. I also have the extras hours rate agreed before hand.
The less hours the greater the rate for permanent work.

11/03/2018 11:55 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Hi there,
I am currently minding two siblings and one is in playschool. All along I have got paid for playschool but mother has changed jobs and is now saying she doesn´t want to pay me for playschool. She is dropping him in also. Should I be demanding for it to stay the same or accept it

11/03/2018 19:00 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
If you don´t drop then you start at collection time. I wouldn´t be able through but don´t mind being called and if available iv rate preagreed.
However is the sibling the younger child?. I always tell parents discount, if any, follows the oldest child. By the time you recalculate it may well be very similar rate.
Some registered offer a day rate, regardless of hours needed in areas of high demand.
If your rate is low enough already then youv better chance insisting on same rate or simply give notice and look others to mind.

25/03/2018 20:48 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
I am a Registered childminder and if it is a fulltime slot that the child is occupying then I get paid because those playschool hours are no good to me - I can´t fill them. endof. Big school is different.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;