Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Patrons of a Secondary School information

re : Patrons of a Secondary School information           reply
19/07/2011 09:51 - Bullying
-----------------------------------
A register of patrons is kept by the Department of Education and Skills so it is possible for anyone to check exactly who the patron of any school is.

In general, the patron of a school is a representative of the owners and can be an individual or a group. In practice, the Catholic and Church of Ireland bishops are the patrons of the schools within the diocese, with the parish priest usually carrying out the functions on behalf of the bishop. The patron of a multi-denominational school is usually the board of trustees or the limited company Educate Together. Gaelscoileanna may be under the patronage of the church authorities but may opt to be under the patronage of Foras Pátrúnachta na Scoileanna Lán-Ghaeilge, which is a limited company set up for the purpose. The introduction of new model of primary school patronage on a pilot basis was announced in 2007.

Patrons of a Secondary School information           reply
18/07/2011 18:36 - Bullying
-----------------------------------
Yo,
I was wondering if there is any way to find out who the patrons or trustees are of a certain school. The chairperson will not give me the information neither will the principal as we are trying to build a case against him. The board of management have stood by the principal even though I have evidence of his corruption.
The BOM see or hear no evil. I was also wondering what the Ombudsman for Children will do if I hand in a complaint about the principal.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;