Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Parking outside school

re : Parking outside school           reply
29/05/2007 13:20 - Miscellaneous
-----------------------------------
Hi
Our school has ample parking provided but despite this people insist on parking outside the school gate and wall which is the designated area for the busses and is clearly marked as so. Several and many requests to keep this area free has been sent home with the children, but there is still the few (quite a few) who just don´t give a dam and still selfishly park in this space. Lets face it,some parents just dont care about the hazard they are causing.

Parking outside school           reply
02/03/2007 14:24 - Miscellaneous
Hi

I´m doing a bit of research about parking in and around school. I would love to know if there are a lot of schools with double yellow lines outside or other parking restrictions. Thanks

11/03/2007 17:56 - Miscellaneous
Our school is fairly nightmarish. School have, understandably, barred any parking in the small school grounds and there is very , and I mean very, limited parking outside the school as it is a general parking area near the dart line. Drivers leave their cars there for the day and hence when parents come to try and park near the school there is either yellow lines and no other real parking available. Again like your previous respondent I´m not sure what the solution is as the double yellow lines are mainly for safety reasons near our school. Perhaps if we could introduce some short-term parking spaces near the school there would be available for parents during school pick-up times.

04/03/2007 17:13 - Miscellaneous
Ours is a busy national school in south county dublin and parking is a nightmare. There is very limited parking and the spaces that are available are ticket-parking. Most parents have to park illegally for the 15 mins it takes to drop/collect. We have asked the local council to request the traffic wardens to be lenient around school pick-up/drop-off times and sometimes they are but sometimes they aren´t and quite a few parents have incurred a number of fines. The traffic wardens tell us that there is ten minutes ´grace´ before they will issue a ticket but very often that is simply not enough time. Unfortunately due to the location of the school it is difficult to see that any of the yellow lines or parking restrictions can be removed. Let us know if your school comes up with any novel solutions.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;