Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Not sure what to charge?

Not sure what to charge?           reply
05/06/2015 10:11 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
Just been offered a new job, to care for 3 children in their own home. A 5month old, 2 year old and a six year old (who will be in school 9-3 come September). It is for 3-4 days a week, eventually extending to 5 days. And is from 8am-5pm. All meals will be provided and there was no mention of housework etc.
I have just qualified with a level 8 honours degree in early childhood care and education and have first aid, manual handling, child protection etc. along with 3+ years of experience.
Both parents work and have good jobs, I don´t want to ask too much but I want to be paid fair considering my qualifications etc.

re : Not sure what to charge?           reply
06/06/2015 15:40 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
in their own home it would be around 12 euro per hour for 3 kids.

re... : Not sure what to charge?           reply
06/06/2015 16:24 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
As you a nanny I´m their home, your entitled to at at least minimum wage, payslip, paid holidays etc see revenue.ie..however as you highly qualified you´d b at higher end of scale.. Up to €12 to €15, esp as you only part time to start with...you often here this part time days going up to fulltime but can never mmaterialise, it´s only to get you started...

re... : Not sure what to charge?           reply
16/06/2015 14:20 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Thanks guys. Was offered €60 for 9 hour day, so I left it after me as I just felt I wouldn´t be happy and would resent the job. Couldn´t take it on for less than minimum wage anyway.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;