Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

North county dublin childminder

re... : North county dublin childminder           reply
19/04/2013 21:29 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
Hi the people I mind for were the ones who suggested paying for my diesel and although its not a lot of extra money it is much appreciated. It depends on how lucky you are with the families you work for

19/04/2013 10:28 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
5 euro for 1 child.or 8 euro.for 2 kids.8 euro is min wage.you charge any less.and your undercutting your self.i know a couple of parents .who have advertised for minders here.they were offering 3 and 4 euro an hr.and dont want to pay minders petrol costs either.even though she would have been doing quite a bit of driving for them.i wouldent mind.if they dident have very well paid jobs.this couple dont mind paying out over a 100 euro at the hairdressers.or the same when going out.but they want to cut the costs on childminding.in my experience.ive noticed.the people who arnt so well of.will try and offer as much as they can.and the people.who are well of.try to offer the least that they can.thats what ive noticed.from different.interviews over the yrs........i will come to a good arrangement.but i refuse to undercut myself

re : North county dublin childminder           reply
18/04/2013 09:33 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
hi there.the rate for 1 child in ur own home is 5 euro. for 1 child. for 2 kids its 3 euro.some charge 10 euro an hr for 2 kids

18/04/2013 10:10 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Thanks for replying. Is it really still that much?! I mean if the parents don´t work near by then you´d nearly be adding an extra hour or two on top of their 8 hour working day,. So for arguments sake we say one child in my home for 9 hours, by 5 days, that´s 225. I´d feel wretched if I was taking half if someone´s wages off them!
This is exactly why I couldn´t go back to work all those years ago. I think what I´ll do is offer a set weekly lower amount and leave it at that. Thanks again for your reply :)

19/04/2013 13:41 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
hi again.some are registered and some arnt.i have a 2 ltr jeep.ive had complaints about charging for petrol...i had a 6 mile round trip each day collection of kids.i was told by the parents.that i shouldent be charging for petrol. i drove 30 miles a week.i told the parents.that they should leave work.for an hr.if not more a day.pick kids up and drop them to me.if they wanted.they knew that wouldent work out.they also asked if i would concider buying a smaller car.i said i would.if they were buying it..i couldent take any of it anymore.so i left.there still looking for a new minder.

18/04/2013 17:22 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Hi there I am a childminder in Wicklow and I currently mind 2 kids for 2 different people like you I did not want to charge huge , so instead of charging by the hour I sat down with the parents and came to an arrangement to suit us both. This has worked really well for us all I don´t feel like I´m working for nothing and the don´t feel like they are working just to pay childcare

19/04/2013 11:08 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Thanks for replying Dooleys. I´m starting to see now that perhaps I was heading down the route of undercutting myself. I hadn´t accounted for a few things, including petrol. my car is a 2L, and she likes her petrol. Okay, I think I´ll stick with the guideline prices you girls have given me. I am grateful for the information and advice, as this is a new route for me in terms of career.
Would most people here be registered childminders? A lady I knew used to mind children, I don´t think I ever heard her mention anything about registering. I´ve only found out about it from researching on line here.

North county dublin childminder           reply
17/04/2013 22:24 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay (Locality: Dublin North)
Hi all :)

I´m a mum of two boys, aged 9 and 11. I would now be interested in beginning childminding in my home, and I suppose what my issue is, I want to know what would be fair to charge to mind a child either full or part time. What is key here is, I´ve no interest in charging silly money, I want to offer affordable care for the parent yet not see myself out of pocket. What spurs my thinking is, when I had my first son I was oblivious as to what it would cost to have my son minded while I went back to work, and sadly found myself very out of pocket and had to quit.

I want to offer parents an opportunity to keep themselves in the work force, and I´m very aware that the price of child care is still through the roof in this country. My heart goes out to anyone with big mortgages who have children these days.

I´m working on getting my official credentials at the moment, and won´t stop till the wall is full!

So I´m north county Dublin. Any suggestions?

18/04/2013 17:52 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Thanks for replying :)
Yeah I figured I could do something like that. One of the other posters kinda said that I should basically not be too lax with the money as some parents take advantage.
I´m glad of all replies girls, I´m just trying to find my feet in all this.

27/05/2013 12:29 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Hi there, I´m in North county Dublin too and I charge 35e for full time care per day, thats from 8 to 5.30, all foods are supplied by parents. For afterschool care I charge 20e per day 2 - 6pm and that includes an afterschool snack and homework help. Like yourself I was very conscious of costs for parents but had to weigh up my costs too and I found these charges to be reasonable. You need to draw up a working agreement that covers costs, sick days, your hols, parents hols etc. Contact Fingal county Childcare Committee and they will point you in the right direction, they also offer courses at reduced rates if you complete their voluntary notification process, well worth it.

25/03/2014 12:30 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Hi im new to this can you tell me what I should charge for 15 hrs per wk for 4 month old its just for a few hrs each day is 8 euro ok as im only getting the child for 15 hrs

20/04/2013 07:51 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Sounds like you´ve had some bad experiences Doodlys. I´ve taken on board all you´ve said, and I´m now getting a picture of what you´re up against really. Of course people will want to naturally want to save themselves money, but it won´t me to my expense. I too have an estate jeep, it´s a big thing. I refuse to reduce the car size though, as I´ve two sons of my own and they´re that bigger. I love the boot space, and see it as invaluable when you´ve got loads of kids stuff to tow around.
I came on here with a completely different take on things, definitely more financially flexible in the parents favour. But given the insight you girls have given me, well I don´t want to be out of pocket either.
The reason I asked about being registered or not, is because it´s all new to me. Obviously having children of my own I don´t mean the parenting side of things, just the professional side. Parenting styles differ, and while I have two happy healthy children other parents may have different views, or things done differently for their children.
I´m committed to doing this, I just want to make sure it works out and then I´ll happily register. Admittedly, while I really want to do this, I´m a little afraid of becoming self employed! All new territory as I said :)

discussion forum terms & conditions

;