Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

re... : New Member           reply
07/04/2012 19:26 - Introduce Yourself
-----------------------------------
You have been such a great help. I will give the schools a ring after the holidays.
Thank you so much Deborah,
Maxine.

07/04/2012 17:39 - Introduce Yourself
Hi Deborah,
Thank you for your reply and telling me about the school dates. I have so much to plan! Would it be best coming over and finding a property to rent first before contacting local schools? I am planning to come in June then I am hoping to move permanently in July. Look forward to speaking to you soon.
Maxine.

New Member           reply
05/04/2012 18:22 - Introduce Yourself
Hi my name is Maxine,

I just wanted to to say Hi to everyone as I am a new member.
I live in the UK and I am planning to move to Co. Roscommon in the summer with my two sons and my husband. We are going to rent for the first 6-12 months then buy a house. We will be coming for a couple of weeks in June to look for a property to rent and hopefully visit some schools too. My youngest son is 7 years old and I will be looking for a school around the Boyle or Elphin area. I am considering all schools in the area including R.C. schools- Will it be an issue getting him into a R.C. School if he is not R.C.? or can anyone please recommend a primary school please. Also what is the best way to apply to schools.

Thank you,

Maxine.

07/04/2012 18:19 - Introduce Yourself
Hi Deborah
I am looking at the Boyle area of Co. Roscommon. I will feel so much better once I can come over and sort out a house to rent. I am quite nervous, but excited too. Is it then best to e-mail the schools in Boyle once I have done this?
Thank you.
Maxine

07/04/2012 17:50 - Introduce Yourself
you would need to know what area your planning to rent first so as to contact schools in your immediate area to see which schools can accommodate you but definitely contact before the end of June if you want them to start in September as you will need to know whether the school has uniform and whether you have to buy or rent your books

07/04/2012 18:39 - Introduce Yourself
the "Find a Primary school" on this site will give you some idea of which schools are in the area but you will probably have to ring as not every school has email. Also some schools will be single sex so that may be a factor for you and some schools are Irish speaking schools so best to find that out before you decide to send your child there.

re : New Member           reply
06/04/2012 19:33 - Introduce Yourself
Hi Maxine
no there won´t be an issue getting into a RC school as a non catholic and I would suggest you contact the schools directly. Schools will be back from their Easter holidays on the 17th April and they finish up on the 30th June. Ring a couple of the schools and see which would suit you better.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;