Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Need advice

Need advice           reply
11/05/2016 12:45 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
Really need advice I´m minding a beautiful 16 month girl for a month now when l go into social circles go for a coffee play areas etc she roars none stop until l go back to d car l can´t go anywhere now l very fond of her but it´s wearing me down now l have spoken to her mother bout it she wants me to give it more time I´d love to but I´m walking on egg shells now please any advice

re... : Need advice           reply
11/05/2016 18:37 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
She is way ahead of her milestones everything is perfect only for that she seems to want only her mother her mother has only gone back to work in d last month so up until then she had her mother all the time so was so bad 1 day l had to ring her mother to come get her in case she had a fit

re : Need advice           reply
24/06/2016 12:09 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Hi-Just read the replies you got re 16 mth not adjusting to social circles-little and often to the same place first I would say and perhaps with her mother coming along if necessary-hth

11/05/2016 23:04 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
You´re dead right! You´re doing it for your daughter! I´d be the same!
While I´d always ensure every child is 110% well cared for etc., at the end of the day, I´m doing it for my son and I wouldn´t have him (or the other kids in my care) lose out.....it sounds horrible I know but I´d bring her out! Obviously low key and build her up
A case of having to do it!
My son HATED baths for ages, so I gave him a bath daily for two weeks and now he loves them!

11/05/2016 20:44 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Margaret, I read your post earlier but hadn´t time respond but was going suggest perhaps pop her in a buggy and go on walk before going into social situation, wrap her up in favourite blanket etc and leave her in buggy, might feel safer till she adjusts. It´s very difficult start a child at that age, especially one mum has had daily until now. You could also try taking a phonecall and tell her youv got talk to your friend and leave the room and she could settle herself, iv used that with my eldest at 4, first time in a summer camp as I couldn´t have any upset at playschool as I was working fulltime. I do hope it works out for your and her. Public health nurse might be one to turn to too.

11/05/2016 21:48 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Thank you for your help I´m going to try that tomorrow il go for a well deserved cup of coffee have to say I´m dreading it but must be done l can´t stay in the house all day especially with the summer coming l have my own young daughter to think of its wouldn´t be fair on her

11/05/2016 16:53 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Maybe start in smaller circles?? It may be the volume of kids / the noise or even too much stimulation??
Perhaps a play date with 2-3 kids??

11/05/2016 18:49 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Ahh god love her! She is basically finding it hard to adjust!
Maybe go to the park?
Playgrounds (outdoors may be less daunting as there are more places she can go!)
Zoo
Petting farms etc

11/05/2016 18:31 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
I´d try get onto mammy or daddy again!
Social anxiety in a child so young can be an early sign of a number of things!
How are her milestones? I usually take them with a pinch of salt but if there´s a few things it might be worth requesting a referral

11/05/2016 20:13 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Ah gosh, no problem at all hun!
That´s what we´re all about!!
Keep me posted x

11/05/2016 17:21 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Thanks so much for getting back to me l tried with just her n 2 other kids her age in my sisters house but she screamed so much n kept it up l had to leave tried everything even bought new toys she only stops if l get her into d car n keep driving

11/05/2016 17:29 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
That sounds off!
Is the all of a sudden? Has anything (you´re aware of) happened!?
Kids that young (unless something underlying) are rarely like that!
Almost sounds like anxiety / borderline agoraphobia

11/05/2016 20:03 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Thank you so much for all the advice

11/05/2016 18:28 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
She has been like this from d start when it´s just me n her in my house she is fine l thought d same it´s like social anxiety ld love to know do l give it more time or call it a day but I´d hate to do that she is a little beauty if only l knew what to do

discussion forum terms & conditions

;