Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Moving home to Ireland...need to find primary school for 2 girls in Dublin 6 area. Please help!

re : Moving home to Ireland...need to find primary school for 2 girls in Dublin 6 area. Please help!           reply
10/03/2011 10:13 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
-----------------------------------
Hi there,
I already posted but it does not seem to have stuck.

My 2 children have attended St. Clares Primary School in Harold´s Cross and since mid last year and I have found it very good. It is boys/girls and the number in most classes is 20 compared to 28/30 in other schools, so the kids do get extra attention. There is a pre-school and afterschool on the school grounds also. The Principal is Mrs Maria Spring. Sorry I don´t have the tel no to hand but it is on this site under Finding a Primary School. Good Luck

re : Moving home to Ireland...need to find primary school for 2 girls in Dublin 6 area. Please help!           reply
29/11/2010 11:23 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
Unfortunately I am of very little help as not familiar with area,but I do know that u need to decide on a good secondary school first and then pick a few primary schools that feed into it.that´s prob the best way to do it. Then move into the catchment area so that it is quite difficult for them to refuse you!(also you can narrow the list by opting public or private. I´m in a similar situation, we are moving from Meath to Kerry. Don´t know anyone that direction,so blind in the process like yourself.best of luck.

Moving home to Ireland...need to find primary school for 2 girls in Dublin 6 area. Please help!           reply
09/11/2010 11:27 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
I am moving home to Ireland with my family and need to find a good primary school for my 4 and 7 year old daughters. We will be living somewhere in the Dublin 6 area so any advice on good primary schools {private or not} and how to help with application process would be hugely appreciated. Have heard it is very difficult to get into schools in Ireland so bit freaked by the idea of it all.... Thank you !

discussion forum terms & conditions

;