Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Minding part time in baby house

re... : Minding part time in baby house           reply
05/10/2015 21:13 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
Thank you for your help. I know I was doing too much as an au pair the two kids were 2 year old and 6 month when I started. I will look through all of this and see what I do when I have more information. I don´t want to disturb my partner´s sleep though as he works 12 hours shift changing days or nights all the time plus commute to work so it wouldn´t be fair on him.

05/10/2015 15:48 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Many registered childminders work from rented accommodation, you just need landlord permission and put your insurances in place...
Having a nanny is most expensive form of childcare in Ireland and minimum wage and contract protects the employee. A full time nanny needs to earn a living also. Revenue have cracked down on families not paying prsi for their nanny.
Average rates for childminding is €5 for one, €8 for 2, assuming insured etc as childminding a huge responsibility.

05/10/2015 14:13 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
I don´t understand why they have to register just because it´s their house and not mine. I don´t know many parents who can afford to pay somebody minimum wage they wouldn´t make much money themselves and it wouldn´t be worth it for them to go back to work. When people get an au pair they don´t pay minimum wage for that person.

05/10/2015 12:15 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Yes minimum wage at least as family become your employer registered with revenue...get a very clear contract re your duties otherwise you may end up more of a housekeeper than a nanny...

05/10/2015 15:14 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
I was an au pair before and wasn´t through an agency. What do childminders charge for the hours I´d have to do? I unfortunately can´t do childminding in my house as I am renting

05/10/2015 14:53 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
obviously thats what they are supposed to do but im sure people dont always.an au pair is different in that they come from an agency?

05/10/2015 20:41 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Theres no harm asking your landlord and see, theres no reason why you can´t separate off from sleeping area and just use living space....
Unfortunately it reads like you were a live in nanny as au pairs are not to be available for full working day as they here to learn English and help out family, more suited to school going kids so they free during day to attend classes...
Have a read on net re childminders, nanny and au pairs as each are very different as indeed are payscales...see childminding Ireland and county childcare committes and here of course....

05/10/2015 15:58 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
How many hours did you work as au pair...were you live in or live out...

Minding part time in baby house           reply
02/10/2015 17:15 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay (Locality: Cavan)
Hi,
I was asked to mind a 7 month old in her own house for 3 mornings a week. I might sometimes have the older child (3) and do extra hours here and there. Do you know what I should charge?

re : Minding part time in baby house           reply
04/10/2015 21:15 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
apparently if its in their house they must pay minimum wage at least and pay tax and prsi for you

05/10/2015 17:05 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Thank you all for the replies. Minderofchild I doubt my landlord would give permission for some reason plus my partner works night shift so wouldn´t suit him. Angie I was live in au pair and worked about 8 hours a day

discussion forum terms & conditions

;