Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

MOving to Galway summer 2009

re : MOving to Galway summer 2009           reply
10/05/2009 01:03 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
-----------------------------------
Gaelscoil Mhic Amhlaigh in Knocknacarra is a Gaelscoil ( Irish medium) and is an excellent primary school. It´s about 10 miles or so from Spiddal. Knocknacarra also has a new English medium national school, think it is called St. John´s National School.Also meant to be quite good.

re : MOving to Galway summer 2009           reply
11/05/2009 14:44 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
Another alternative is Boleybeg school,it´s between Knocknacarra and Barna. it also has an excellent reputation , check out their website www.. buailebeagns.ie. Hope this helps.

MOving to Galway summer 2009           reply
06/05/2009 14:02 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures (Locality: Galway)
I´m moving to Galway and working in Spiddal for a year or more. I have three children of primary school age. We´re torn between an Irish speaking/bilingual school and a more English orientated one. All out children are already bilingual Welsh and English. But I´m having difficulty locating an English medium school in the area. Plenty of great sounding Gealtacht schools. But i would like to find an English medium to compare.

Is there a list anywhere that will tell me which schools are which or is it a case of phoning around until I find an English medium school? Is it more likely that i will find one in the city. If you can help or recommend any primary schools Irish or English speaking in the city or to the west please reply.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;