Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Looking for family to participate in Infant Observation study

Looking for family to participate in Infant Observation study           reply
06/11/2018 12:23 - Announcements (Locality: Dublin North)
-----------------------------------
Hi. I am looking for a Dublin family who would like to participate in an infant observation study. My name is Tracy Dorgan, and I am a MA student at Dublin Business School on a four year post-graduate training programme in Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy.
An integral component of my pre-clinical training involves the observation of an infant for the first two years of his/her life.
This involves weekly one hour sessions of observation in the infants home, ideally from as young as one month old. My role is purely to observe the developing infant in a non-intrusive capacity.
Infant Observation is a naturalistic observation of the infant as he progresses through his early years – the physical, mental and emotional development, and his interaction within his/her social (family) environment. The function of infant observation is to develop and extend the observational skills required for later analytic work.
Strict confidentiality is adhered to, and anonymity is assured. All trainees are Garda vetted, and a letter of confirmation from the college is available.
I would kindly ask you to consider my request to assist me in my training. If you have any questions regarding the study, I will be happy to answer them, so please feel free to contact me.
Many thanks,
Tracy Dorgan
Email: dorgantracy@gmail.com

discussion forum terms & conditions

;