re... : Ideas for school reception after communion           reply
13/05/2015 20:53 - First Holy Communion
-----------------------------------
Thank you!!

Ideas for school reception after communion           reply
13/05/2015 13:33 - First Holy Communion
Hi,
I´m organising the reception for kids & families in the school after they make their first holy communion. Just trying to get an idea as to what´s usually provided. I´m guessing plenty of sandwiches and cakes and treats? Anything else? I´ve been told to avoid chocolate or anything too messy because of dresses. Anyone seen anything unusual done in terms of food or decoration?
Probably over thinking it but any advice greatly welcomed!
Thanks!

re : Ideas for school reception after communion           reply
13/05/2015 15:06 - First Holy Communion
Hi I´m on parents association and just went to a different school communion last weekend...keep it simple is the key...it´s just a welcome cup of tea or coffee, everyone off for a feast elsewhere afterwards...we do biscuits n buns which the association buys with little bottle pop n bits in bag for comm kids, all other children get mi wadi n sweet table..Last week school parents donated the buns n sweets, plastic aprons for dresses, we don´t do these but good idea...simple decorated using last yr stuff n balloons, Make sure first class parents help out as can be all left to par association otherwise n it´s enough to organise it...best of luck...

re : Ideas for school reception after communion           reply
13/05/2015 22:48 - First Holy Communion
Our school calls it a ´White Party´, all biscuits, buns etc are plain, or vanilla so no chocolate or jam! There are crisps & drinks for the kids, tea/coffee, sandwiches & cakes for the adults. Also parents from first class are asked to help as it will be their turn next year... Hope this is of help, Cath.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;